I had great sucess this summer fishing trout all summer long. I did not fish East Twin, or Highland. But did put in alot of time on West Hill, and Squantz. Fishing West Hill, and Squantz thru the summer months I caught just as many trout on a surface rod, as with lead core, or the down rigger! I have to say the trout were very hardy even for the hot summer. But... I did fish West Hill a few times at night. And I agree with what was said on here it was a blood bath! Many trout floating everywhere. What I didn't understand was why they were not kept? Especally in the condition they were caught in, bleeding, gut hooked, so on. And, it wasn't even just the fishing, or methods...it was the whole place seemed a circus. Boats running with no lights, drunkin fools yelling #$^@#! I was embarrased one night by some people on the water fishing, as I had my youngest son with me, and we just packed it up after a couple hours and left. Where was the DEP? I wish there were more of them. Only once the whole year did I see a DEP officer on West Hill. I rahter see money go into more personal than into regs that most likely can't / won't be inforced anyhow with out more DEP officers.
I also think Capt. Alewife and Steely Dan have it right! Right on guys!

I enjoy fishing trout all year long.

I miss my Uncle Lewie....However;
I know he's with me on every fishing trip.

2009 CT Saltwater Angler of the Year ~> CT DEEP
1st Place 2009 Team Tuesday Fluke Off

My wife Claire with the Red hair is: A Flukin Princess
Get Outdoors and Enjoy Life!
Lifetime member of the NRA