First of all I was so upset when I read this post that i replied without thinking. I just want to clear up that am the first one to admit I'd rather catch 4 or 5 quality fish than 35 dinks. Which has been the norm in the last two years. Last year we only got one fish over 20 inches out of the 6 or 7 trips we took to East Twin. Without checking my log we landed around 200 fish. And only a few in the 17-19 range which we used to get few each outing.

With that said I have to agree with the overstocking and the lack of food.

Quote:
stock less trout. let the alewives rebound if you want big fish.
Is it normal to catch 40-50 trout in one outing? How many trout are in there? I remember we used to mark balls of alewives where the screen went black. I haven't seen that in 5 years. I dunno i just find it hard to beleive that the lack of holdovers is due to fishing in the summer.

Last year we went ice fishing and landed nearly 50 trout in one session. And nearly 40 in another. Were these dead from the summer? Were they just stocked? I don't beleive so.

And lastly I think the minimum length should be increased minimally to 24. I don't know how many people keep a fish just cause it reached the legal limit size of 20 inches. What are you going to do with a 20 inch brown?

Addicted to Kings!!! See you up in Lake O.