Quote:
You would think that the proposed reg are going to prevent people from fishing. "GET A LIFE" It's only three lakes where the DEP is trying to preserve the trophy trout fishery. A number of us that care about preserving these trout fisheries voluntarily don't trout fish during the July to Sept 15 period. You can always fish for bullheads I don't think anyone will bother you.
Yes only 3 lakes. Three of the best trout lakes in the state and it conspicuously leaves out several other trophy trout lakes. And yes it would possibly prevent me from fishing in CT. I prefer to target trout. Why waste my money here for only a few months when I can go to MA all year long or fish VT. As I stated before, natural selection will do the same thing as the fisherman. You will never achieve a large number of hold overs in most lakes in CT. The oxygen levels are just not there to support lots of big fish. That is not my opinion, but what is stated in the Lakes and Ponds book published by the DEP. Trophy trout lakes were created to make angling oppotunities, but now that they are being utilized they want to cut back the access.

I might be incorrect but I am never wrong!!

GO CELTICS!!!!!