My Frankenmotor has a 25hp carb on when used to have the 18hp one. Same the throttle cam/linkage was adjusted for the 25hp setting. The idle timing was set something like 5-BTDC whereas the 18 was something like 2-ATDC. My boat (Abalone, a 14-ft Duranautic), is now wicked fast and I like to race dual-motor Regulators on the CT river. Scary and I always lose, but it is a lot of fun.

USE NGK PLUGS!!!

Boat_Head [/quote]

First of all, HUGE thank you for posting this. I bought a 16 footer tin boat I'm planning on turning into a budget duck/fishing boat for me and some buds. The guy that sold me the boat last minute threw in a 1985(?) 18xd because he hadn't run in forever just sitting in his garage and wanted it to get some use. Got er runnin strong and it does push the boat pretty well, but I'm worried with 2 more guys and duck gear it'll need a little more juice. I am definitely interested in tinkering to squeeze more power out of this thing without having to buy a new motor.

It currently has a WMC9 Carb, after reading these posts I am trying to find a 25hp carb to put on this, but it looks to be in the $200-300 price range and I cant find anything used.

Does anyone have a list of part numbers for carbs that I could use on this to make the search easier?

Unrelated to power, does anyone have any idea how to convert this over to remote throttle? this pully system is so jacked up. Is there an adapter plate somewhere out there or is there a way to do it that I cant figure out?

Edited by drewski69 (05/04/21 09:39 AM)