Originally Posted By: Buck
Lee, I would think the Hartford meeting is where the bass organizations would go to testify. The meetings in New Fairfield and New Milford were for us local folks. Maybe DAS knows.

I was unable to attend the hearing on Monday, but I did submit a letter to the Co-Chairs. I was able to attended the FAC meeting tonight. Bob Crook (lobbyist of the Coalition of CT Sportsmen) was one of the lucky ones to give testimony in opposition of the bill, as there was well over 200 people wanting to speak on behalf of the many bills on the agenda. There was a lottery in which if you were lucky enough, you got to pick a number then wait until your number was called to speak before the committee. He believes this bill will die in committee. Good news is, there are other groups officially opposed. They are the Connecticut Marine Trade Association (CMTA), the Connecticut Legislative Sportmen's Caucus, and the Fishery Advisory Council. I'm sure there are others.

Edit - Bob Crook also told us that State Rep Craig Minor ask some TOUGH direct questions of the CLA Reps and the 1st Selectmen of the towns surrounding Candlewood that were giving testimony in favor of the Bill.

Edited by DAS (03/14/08 01:58 AM)

David Santos
Environmental Director
CT B.A.S.S. Federation Nation
www.ctbass.com