Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1169825 - 01/06/10 11:26 AM Re: cant afford ctf anymore [Re: LEE]
TommyTrebble Offline

Blu_Dragonfly's Net Boy

Loc: New Hartford, CT
 Originally Posted By: LEE
due 2 economic crunch cant see paying for ctf any more dont know why have 2 pay for web site

I can understand not wanting to pay for something because Times are tough and you have the Right to make choices with your money (I maybe one of the few Guys left out there w/o a Cell Phone -- but I don't feel I need one, so why pay for it ?) But to expect a private enterprise (which CTF is) to operate the way you'd like it to, would be naive. This still is the United States, you have the Freedom to make choices and companies still has the Freedom to make business decisions(although those Freedoms seem to be under attack more and more lately). I think this is one of the basic tenets of what makes this Country great, and it seems to be foreign to so many people living here now.

I know I got off on a "rant" here, but I have the Right to disagree with you on that principle -- you decided to post "on the way out", so I imagine you expected reactions, be they favorable or different then your own. Maybe if we lived in China, you could see the site for free, but you would not be allowed to see other sites which the Government banned you from seeing. I'm just Thankful I live here and have the choices & Freedoms that I do.

Better to imitate a Winner then be an Original Loser.

Team Crappieholic
Fishing Info
#1169830 - 01/06/10 11:32 AM Re: cant afford ctf anymore [Re: O-BASS]
howardchaz Offline

There's a free section of the website and you can also pay by the month which is only $3. Sorry to hear times are that tough. Best of Luck....
#1169831 - 01/06/10 11:34 AM Re: cant afford ctf anymore [Re: TommyTrebble]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
Sorry to hear this, LEE, BUT IMHO, you get what ya pay for and what you put in . I would sell a fishing rod to help pay for my subscription.

Absolutely no other fishing site in Ct has the " friend " base, and Camaraderie as this site. PERIOD .

Lots of CRASH AND BURN = stagnant sites still exist, do a search, and join for free .

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#1169834 - 01/06/10 11:46 AM Re: cant afford ctf anymore [Re: PDona]
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
I find that $15 a year in these hard times isn't that much out of pocket for what you get back.
Thats only $.29 a week, I'm sure you spend more then that for
soft drinks and coffee per week?????
But you gotta do what you gotta do........................

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#1169837 - 01/06/10 11:48 AM Re: cant afford ctf anymore [Re: TommyTrebble]
Tall 1 Offline

Sorry to see you go Lee, but $15.00 is alot of money to some people and you need to do what you have to do.

I think O Bass makes some strong points here and I hope that you re-evaluate what you have gained from the site rather than looking at an annual subscription rate as the only thing that keeps you here or not.
I think you'll see that you have received far more in return than the $15.00 in knowledge,fishing partners and life long friendships....

Come to the Game Dinner on 2/13 and you'll see for yourself why CTF is so special.....

Good luck and good fishing to you.
#1169839 - 01/06/10 11:51 AM Re: cant afford ctf anymore [Re: OHMYGOD]
Daddy Pickle Offline

Go big or go home

Loc: Windsor Locks
i buy lures that cost more than a year subscriptions.... like rox says "CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Im allergic to land, get me on the water <")))><
My CTF Profile
#1169844 - 01/06/10 12:02 PM Re: cant afford ctf anymore [Re: Daddy Pickle]
edaves Offline

I don't agree with attacking Lee based off his comments and posts, We all have different communication skills and that's ok, I have meet some very good fishermen who were lucky if they could make a sentence over 5 words and I have also meet some fishermen who could give a 20 minute lecture of any aspect of fishing and their catch rate was very close to absolute zero. For Lees economic situation I feel bad and wish him all the best
#1169848 - 01/06/10 12:10 PM Re: cant afford ctf anymore [Re: edaves]
The Real Iceman Offline

Originally Posted By: edaves
I don't agree with attacking Lee based off his comments and posts, We all have different communication skills and that's ok, I have meet some very good fishermen who were lucky if they could make a sentence over 5 words and I have also meet some fishermen who could give a 20 minute lecture of any aspect of fishing and their catch rate was very close to absolute zero. For Lees economic situation I feel bad and wish him all the best

Agreed, but he's wrong. It was not better with 10000 members. There was too much BS. It's absolutely BETTER now! and for $15.... one of the best bargins on the planet. If $15 is too much, I Hope things get better for you Lee.
#1169850 - 01/06/10 12:15 PM Re: cant afford ctf anymore [Re: The Real Iceman]
E-man Offline

Worth every penny.
#1169933 - 01/06/10 03:29 PM Re: cant afford ctf anymore [Re: E-man]
Ranger Nic Offline
B.A.W.S

Loc: Coventry
O-Bass could not agree with you more.
with LEE gone who is gonna post 8 word reports with the caps on

Best
Assume
Were