ctfisherman.com logo
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1251541 - 09/18/10 11:11 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: macattack678]
EnCon Police Offline

Mac, we're frustrated too. We had to pay the increased fees just like you guys....we don't get a break. Even though DEP was not the driving force behind the fee increases we still get the brunt of the criticism. We're trying to come up with the most workable and cost effective method of getting the credits applied to everyone who bought their licenses after the increase and before the decrease. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, this should only be a one time thing. I know it's inconvenient for a lot of people who don't live near one of the 5 field offices, so for all of you I would suggest the mail in form. I'll keep an eye on the DEP website and post the info about the form as soon as it's available.
Fishing Info
#1251545 - 09/18/10 11:23 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: EnCon Police]
macattack678 Offline

USN (Ret)

Loc: North Stonington
Thanks ENCON, I appriciate all you do.

"Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions."

"Great fishermen are not born that way.....They become so through a lifetime of neglecting other things in their lives."

"Don't try to explain it. Just nod your head. Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

#1252044 - 09/20/10 05:48 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: macattack678]
Capt. Alewife Offline

Loc: "fiddle ridge"
Quote:
Make it as inconvenient as possible and maybe everyone will forfeit that credit.

thats what all those crooks want , or hope at least, !!

I for one will be doing WHATEVER it takes to get that credit. Sounds like a drive to hartford to get some BS "form" . Couldn't they just look at the issue date on they're fancy high tech computer system from any location to tell when you bought it last year.??? NO WAY that'd be the RIGHT THING TO DO!.

total bs..

fishing is like life.. you learn as you go.and I can't stop learning

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.- Steven Wright

" they've hit that before, they'll hit it again!! leave it out there TILL they hit it!~"
#1252076 - 09/20/10 08:02 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Capt. Alewife]
EnCon Police Offline

Originally Posted By: Capt. Alewife
Quote:
Make it as inconvenient as possible and maybe everyone will forfeit that credit.

thats what all those crooks want , or hope at least, !!

I for one will be doing WHATEVER it takes to get that credit. Sounds like a drive to hartford to get some BS "form" . Couldn't they just look at the issue date on they're fancy high tech computer system from any location to tell when you bought it last year.??? NO WAY that'd be the RIGHT THING TO DO!.

total bs..

Originally Posted By: Mitch P.
All,

At last night’s quarterly Fisheries Advisory Council (FAC) Meeting, DEP officials relayed the latest information on how to get your refund.

First the good news. You will be able to get a credit.

You must use a mail-in form or go to one of the below DEP locations
The only way to get your credit is to purchase your 2011 license using a mail-in form or in person at one of the DEP locations below. Starting on or before December 1, the 2011 licenses will be available at the DEP website and at all of the following DEP locations:
- Hartford
- Old Lyme
- Marlborough
- Harwinton
- Sessions Woods Wildlife Management Area (Burlington)

The mail-in form will be also be available on the DEP website and at DEP offices on or before December 1.

Originally Posted By: EnCon Police
Mitch, thanks for posting.

I ran into Bill Hyatt at a meeting yesterday and he updated me on what's going on. Before that I was under the impression that it was going to be an automatic credit when you buy next year's license. (Sorry for any confusion on other posts where I indicated that it was an automatic credit on next year's license....I was misinformed).

We (DEP) do not run the website that you buy your license from. It's a vendor that handles licenses for a number of different states. When I talked to Bill about it he advised me that the vendor would charge the state a large amount of money to rewrite the program to include the credits for overpayments this year, except it would probably cost more to reprogram than the total amount of license fee credits. Obviously that's not going to work. Apparently it is easy to increase or decrease the license pricing on the computer, but not so much for the credit. So, they are cutting out the vendor for the credits and handling it in-house. That's why you have to go to one of the 5 field offices or if you prefer, you can mail the form in to get your credit.

I know, it's not perfect.....but it doesn't make any sense to pay more for the computer programming than the total amount of credit that is going to be applied.
#1252088 - 09/20/10 08:39 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Mitch P.]
mrbassman Offline

Loc: vernon
captain as much as the situation is complete b.s. i and many others appreciate your efforts on getting the info as soon as possible and most importantly cut the red tape and give us the end result
#1252096 - 09/20/10 08:50 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: mrbassman]
RayP Offline

Loc: Portland
Looks like they are trying to screw us again. They are making it as inconvenient as possible so maybe some of us will forfeit that credit.
Just another tax in disguise.

"Nothing happens until something moves"
17' McKee Craft Center Console
#1252098 - 09/20/10 08:51 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: mrbassman]
ecurB Offline

Can you eat that ?

Originally Posted By: mrbassman
captain as much as the situation is complete b.s. i and many others appreciate your efforts on getting the info as soon as possible and most importantly cut the red tape and give us the end result

I agree .
This seems to be one of "those things" along the line of the Legislature creating a problem which bit them in the ass , then dropping the ball into the DEP's lap and saying "Fix it" .
I'll be going to Hartford to get my 2011 license , and I'll be greeting the person at the desk with a big grin .
I'll bet that the person I deal with will be nice to me , and things will be easy as pie .

Walk in with an attitude towards someone who had nothing to do with your misery and the whole deal is almost guaranteed to be unpleasant .

Just my $00.02 .

"Politically correct" was initially coined by Leon Trotsky to refer favorably to those whose views remained in sync with the ever-shifting Bolshevik Party line. This was important, as "not PC" people risked prison or death.
#1252601 - 09/22/10 01:51 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: ecurB]
Richp Offline

Loc: East Haven, Ct
I have a question- how early in advance can we do this? Say I want to do it now, could I?

I ask because I can only imagine it won't be a quick process and would hate to have delays in getting it. If i want to go fishing, I don't want to be delayed cause I'm waiting for my licence.

I may just forfeit the credit as I prefer the online option so I can print multiple copies for different boxes, hats and boats.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing it isn't fish they are after"
#1252620 - 09/22/10 03:30 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Richp]
Mitch P. Offline

DEP now has information about the credit on its website:

http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2690&Q=458902&depNav_GID=1511
#1252639 - 09/22/10 04:34 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Mitch P.]
EnCon Police Offline

Mail in option

A form to purchase your license, permit or tags by mail when redeeming a credit will be available on line at www.ct.gov/dep/sportsmensfeereduction after December 1, 2010.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics