ctfisherman.com logo
Page 25 of 28 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1355415 - 10/02/11 04:02 PM Re: Channel Matt Memorial MCT Results & Photos [Re: TimP]
KeyWest Glenn Offline

Loc: Bristol, CT
The cider was awesome !

Team DILLIGAF
Team TUESDAY
Fishing Info
#1355435 - 10/02/11 07:18 PM Re: Channel Matt Memorial MCT Results & Photos [Re: TimP]
Barn1 Offline

Loc: Vermont
Good thing he didn't suffocate! Nice cats!

I work to live, not live to work.
#1355436 - 10/02/11 07:22 PM Re: Channel Matt Memorial MCT Results & Photos [Re: Amy]
Amy Offline

Ash Ceremony that kicked off the event, notice "M" at approximately 1:28...

Will be working on updating post with pics from Haddam Island Memorial Monster Cat event.

#1355474 - 10/02/11 09:48 PM Re: Channel Matt Memorial MCT Results & Photos [Re: Amy]
Amy Offline

Due to flooding, the event was moved to Haddam Island.
We all packed to the max, grabbed everything from a generator to wood, decor, rocks, garbage can, grill, etc and met up at Haddam Meadows...

It ended up being a fairly nice day and allowed us to get set up without the rain...

Sally helped AJ, Paul and I set up the CTF banner...

Katrina helped to twist up the wicks for the tiki torches that were made from Matt's empty Busch cans...

Even though the event was moved to Haddam Island, (an island within close sight of Haddam Meadows-where another one of his most favorite events is held-PIKETOBERFEST!) Matt was so proud that CTF'ers contributed to the re-naming of Titt's Island in Windsor to "Catfish Island".
We just had to make a sign for him...

Matt's Catfish swag...

6:00 came quick and we kicked off the event with the Ash Ceremony-notice the "M" that formed from the ashes in the water...

Lines were put out from shore as we prepared food...

Twice baked cheddar bacon potatoes...

Paul and I, making his large mouth bass fillets and my onion rings...

Judy's steak chilli was a hit...

Everything was just yummidy!

Of course, at every event there always seems to be a mis-hap!
Glenn got a nice new knife from Andrew's shop, flipped it open and dropped the tip straight down into his foot, missing his tendon by not even a hair!
We grabbed some napkins and wadded them up making a pressure bandage secured with duct tape just until I could make our own butterfly's to pull the laceration together...

This reminds me of one of Matt's mis-hap's at our house...

Glenn's foot impalement was fixed up with paper tape from a first aid kit and super glue from a tackle box to create a homemade butterfly to pull it together, then we bandaged it back up...

The injury was awesome, we got to play peek-a-boo with his tendon while irrigating it with water to gross some people out! biggrin He was very lucky that he didn't nick or sever a tendon

It was looking good today after his curious wifey Michelle took a peek under the bandage, here's the pic Glenn sent me...

As for fishing...
AJ got a jump on the rest of us. He and Paul got to the island to do some major clean up before the rest of us arrived and was all set up with lines in the water from the moment we arrived...

Every fish caught was for Matt this weekend, look at that smile...

And he continued to chase his line throughout the night as we heard it periodically zipping out...

You didn't have to venture off the island for a cat tonight, the island seemed to produce the best fishing.
Paul with his 7.9 lb cat...

And David...

(Did I run out of space, LOL??? Must be a limit per post-see next post)

More to come, currently editing more pics in...
#1355477 - 10/02/11 10:05 PM Re: Channel Matt Memorial MCT Results & Photos [Re: Amy]
JohnS Offline

Life Time Member

Loc: Wallingford/Florida
awesome video of the spreading of ashes!!!!! bow2 bowdown

New House 5/18
#1355478 - 10/02/11 10:10 PM Re: Channel Matt Memorial MCT Results & Photos [Re: Amy]
KeyWest Glenn Offline

Loc: Bristol, CT
Great post Amy!!!
The video is awesome! Michelle cried & my eyes welled up a little bit too. Matt is and will forever be missed!!

Team DILLIGAF
Team TUESDAY
#1355500 - 10/02/11 11:13 PM Re: Channel Matt Memorial MCT Results & Photos [Re: gboutdoors]
Tmack9200 Offline

Loc: City of Champions...
Great tribute everyone, I enjoyed many of a beers on Matts Bar at my house this year, Thinking of adding it to the Floatilla at Piketoberfest so everyone can enoy a beer on it....
#1355537 - 10/03/11 01:59 AM Re: Channel Matt Memorial MCT Results & Photos [Re: Amy]
Amy Offline

Originally Posted By: Amy
Did I run out of space, LOL??? Must be a limit per post-Continued on THIS post

1st went to Paul with his 7.90lb...

2nd went to TimP with a 7.67lb...

3rd went to DaveyDave with a 7.61lb...

Nothing caught over the 7lb range-Matt is still the Cat king!

Now that trophies were handed out, time for breakfast...

Glenn was the Breakfast Meistro!!! bowdown

Many mentioned how good TimP's cider was. I was hesitant when I took a sip, expecting it to be strong! It was actually very smooth without the bite. I can now understand why they were saying it can sneak up on you...a jug is being saved for Piketoberfest!

Random pictures...

AJ warming his buns... biggrin

Rob looks awesome carrying my pink bag or as Matt would say "Rob's Barbie bag"... stirthepot

Wonder what these guys were thinking... laugh

Boys with their toys...

eek2

ROB!!!... eek2

"Hun, RELAX-it's just a jug of water"... laugh

After hearing about his numerous wounds and traumas, a first aid kit definitely seems to be some kind of toy for Glenn. The only thing, Glenn seems to have outgrown this kit!!!...

Yes dear, it's fine...really, I'm ok...I know, you had a feeling I was going to get hurt-love you too... kiss grin

Matt must have been messing with my camera settings in these pics...

Definitely in this one, with DaveyDave holding his fish...

Packing up and heading home...

Only thing is, Paul must not have wanted to go home because he ran out of gas! stirthepot

And had to be rescued...

Then we continued packing...

And were on our way again...

A really nice time on Haddam Island reflecting on our good times with Matt! We all said at one time or another we wished that he was there with us and all agreed he would have loved hanging out and goofing around!

He was dearly missed at this event!

Edited by Amy (10/04/11 04:36 AM)
Edit Reason: updated with more pics
#1355582 - 10/03/11 11:06 AM Re: Channel Matt Memorial MCT Results & Photos [Re: gboutdoors]
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
Glad all went well, even with the knife mishap!!!
Great pictures and great fishing, Matt would have been proud. beerchug

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#1355597 - 10/03/11 12:05 PM Re: Channel Matt Memorial MCT Results & Photos [Re: gboutdoors]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
simply FANTASTIC ALL............applause So sorry I couldn't make it......

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

Page 25 of 28 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics