ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#160556 - 07/24/04 12:22 AM Re: Striper Heaven
reelnice Offline

I would like to add a lot to this post-----but------I can't-----other than this---you guys had a day of a lifetime "never give up" -----RIGHT------Frank !!!

PRESERVE THE RESOURCE FOR NOW AND MORE IMPORTANTLY FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS!
TIGHT LINES TO ALL ctfisherman
STEPHEN N.
Fishing Info
#160557 - 07/24/04 12:41 AM Re: Striper Heaven
Tall 1 Online   content

Incredible! Congrats guys!!

It was cool to get the updates from Mitch and Don almost as it was unfolding.
#160558 - 07/24/04 12:50 AM Re: Striper Heaven
JohnS Offline

Life Time Member

Loc: Wallingford/Florida
Livin the dream!

New House 5/18
#160559 - 07/24/04 12:54 AM Re: Striper Heaven
MarkO Offline

Very,very,very cool.

Don't doubt in the dark what you learned in the light.
#160560 - 07/24/04 01:02 AM Re: Striper Heaven
On The Edge Offline

Loc: MA.
Nice Very Nice. Mid Summer Big Fish Blitz, Gotta Love it. Congrats to all that were there. And to all of us that were not \:o \:o

Wish i could have been there must have been quite a sight. Well maybe next time, That is fi Blaine Left any for the rest of us \:D

Nice twin 50's Blaine U DA MAN

Catch Um Up

John
#160561 - 07/24/04 01:25 AM Re: Striper Heaven
Albiemanmike Offline

Loc: South Meriden, CT
\:o \:o \:o

Michael Mayo
"Albiemanmike"
albiemanmike@gmail.com
#160562 - 07/24/04 01:34 AM Re: Striper Heaven
Happy Birthday DEN Offline

Loc: Newington
Congratulations to all, bass up the wazoo, it was a great day all around.

Even the porgie fishing was great---Here’s Lunch!!!

#160563 - 07/24/04 01:45 AM Re: Striper Heaven
Bennett Offline

I just got in and it's to late for a report. All I can say is...... Boy do my arms Hurt!!!!! It was nice seeing everyone.

Pat thanks for what you left us and it never did rain. It pick up again at about 7:00 pm and we left whem we ran out of my little friends \:D
#160564 - 07/24/04 01:48 AM Re: Striper Heaven
Frank Offline

Loc: Shelton, CT
hehehehe \:D \:D \:D \:D

I really don't know what else to say except thanks to T-man for talking me into taking the day off.

It was a very, VERY, special day...just plain stupid! The quality fish was just amazing all day and steady as well. Two personal bests in a day is pretty hard to beat, largest striper on spinning tackle and largest striper period.

The phone calls were hysterical, LOL. Once the word got out, there were 4 guys on their phones at the same time knowing a 40+ could hit their line at any moment!

Time to put in some time at the reefs, and as Steve said "don't EVER give up"

Just a FANTASTIC day. Thanks T-man

Don't give up, don't EVER give up -Jimmy V

Tight Lines!

#160565 - 07/24/04 01:52 AM Re: Striper Heaven
Blaine Offline

Loc: South Carolina
 Quote:
That is if Blaine Left any for the rest of us
Bob took two home to VT with him, other than those they are all still swimming... Including the two biguns \:D

Christ, where do I start???? The total for the day was 27 bass boated, 25 were over 40! I opted to start with shad over porgy for a couple of reasons... First, Bob had never caught a hickory and second, they were all over the place in Niantic. I figured we'd grab what we could and switch over to porgy later.

We pulled up to the reef and rigged up using live liner reels and let the shad swim freely. My shad hit the water and without exaggeration, I had my first fish on in less than 10 seconds! Bob didn't even have a shad on yet and my reel was smoking. As I fought the fish, we could clearly see 5 40+" fish following along behind trying to steal the shad away. The bait finally shook off and the others went nuts on the surface trying to get to it first. It just continued from there... We didn't want to go all the way in for more bait while the action was so hot so we reused dead ones laying in the bottom of the boat. It just didn't matter. Fish after fish after fish

We eventually went in for our second batch of 6. While we were in searching for shad, T-Man calls me on my cell and tells me to get my arse back out there because they were busting on top now!!! It took a while but we found the shad again, and turned right around and picked up where we left off... Fish after fish. At one point, I picked up a shad off the deck that was stiff as a brick and bent it back and forth to loosen it up a bit and dropped it down. The bait never made it to the bottom! This one felt a little different ;\) Before Bob, could put his rod down, his reel started screaming... We had to cross over and under each other for a while but we managed to boat them both

T-Man... Thanks for the picture you posted!

It was a blur after that. I sure wish they'd raise the limit on shad... We finally ran out and switched over to porgy. It just wasn't the same. Any other day and it would have been great but we were pretty spoiled at that point. We boated a bunch more fish but it wasn't the non stop frenzy we had with the shad.

We'll never see another day like that as long as we live. I feel honored to have been there and to have good friends on all sides having as much fun as I was. Often we were litterally 20 feet from each other, and having the fish on running under someone elses boat... Way too cool... Man, I'm tired
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Active Topics