ctfisherman.com logo
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1839130 - 03/02/23 09:32 AM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Don P]
Bob G Offline

Loc: i fell off the rails
Originally Posted By: Don P
Fishing in SC sucks???!!!

Yes Don a boat is required, and that is above both my pay grade and my ability to handle launching and retrieving. The few places in the backwaters that I have found are small areas and very crowded. The beaches are for swimming, no structure at all. I went to a pier a few times and the crowd once went wild when someone caught a blue, I walked over and it was about 10" in length..lol

The intracoastal waterway is a fresh water ditch here, nothing like florida. There is a Jetty in one of the state parks that is a mile and 1/4 walk, I have tried believe me..it's too far.

As I start to feel a bit better I'll be making my way 2 hours North and/or South where there is at least structure.

Thank y'all for the condolences, I am OK mentally at this time and am going forward with a newfound sense of life and humor.

Nothing is finer than being in South Carolina
Fishing Info
#1839135 - 03/02/23 12:29 PM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Mitch P.]
Don P Online   content

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Glad you’re venturing and looking around for some shore access spots less used. Good for you.

Even in FL there is a lot of good fishing without “structure” so give some of that Shore acres a shot even with evident “structure”. It’s amazing what swims close to shore….just a 1’-2’ rose or drop in depth is all it takes to draw fish, or even a 5 gallon bucket sized patch of grass amongst a sand flat. Change and difference is just that….fish those and they usually produce.

Is kayak fishing an option for you?…..paddle or pedal?

Good Luck & great seeing you here on CTF again!
#1839136 - 03/02/23 12:31 PM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: jonh]
Don P Online   content

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Originally Posted By: jonh
I'm not dead yet - will post something in the boating section

I don't fish nearly as much as I used to

Still on the bluefish jhad Jon? laugh

I’ve seen you and your boat here and there this past season, but yes nothing like you used to do on the water. What’s taking up your time these days?….wife, kids, work, house?…all of the above?

I’ve heard about quite a few who have scaled back or stopped fishing lately….hard for me to understand and is a scary thought!!!!! wink2
#1839139 - 03/02/23 01:00 PM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Bob G]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
Originally Posted By: Bob G
I'm still alive and living in SC where I moved full time in 2016, while still working for the RR in the NE. I fell apart in Feb of 2019 the day after my 60th birthday and have been disabled and here full time since June of 2019.

I have had more surgeries and infections than I can count since that fateful day in February. I am on the mend but will never be the same.

My wife passed very unexpectedly in November of 22 and in mid February of this year I was broadsided by someone making a not too smart left turn, no injuries but the severe arthritis that has crippled me hurts worse than ever. They were good enough to total my truck.

I finally got my sugar under control from not working crazy hours anymore and then proceeded to lose 50 pounds, 40 of which I put on since 2019 when I fell apart.

Fishing here sucks and I am sad to say that the last time I caught a fish was my Piketoberfest win, oh so long ago.

Sorry about what's going on, and your wife, Bob.. Call me sometime if you want to chat.
I feel honored putting you on the last nice fish you caught, even though you poked off 2nd place trying to net mine pirate
Yes, I won't forget that drama laugh laugh

Great to see some old CTFers back, I don't post nearly as much as I used to, but still enjoy dropping in now and then.

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#1839152 - 03/02/23 05:49 PM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

Let's see who else everyone can dig up and coax a post out of. Reach out to people you know. Let's keep this thread going!
#1839154 - 03/02/23 07:46 PM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Mitch P.]
Tall 1 Offline

Maybe Chris Med can ask MichaelSWCT to pop in…. biggrin
#1839188 - 03/04/23 11:24 AM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Tall 1]
Bob Bradley Offline

Originally Posted By: Tall 1
Maybe Chris Med can ask MichaelSWCT to pop in…. biggrin

Great idea. Chris should keep an eye out for him.

I've got gas and I've got crabs. You wanna go out?

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.� - Ronald Reagan

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
#1839258 - 03/07/23 02:08 PM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Mitch P.]
LEAD PIPE Offline

Enjoining retirement! Highly recommend, it’s like 6 Saturdays and a Sunday.
Started to target permit. Keep one here and there, best tasting fish I ever had, good fighters.

Edited by LEAD PIPE (03/07/23 03:20 PM)

All fished released, even blackfish
#1839259 - 03/07/23 02:32 PM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

You're a legit "if I could go back and do things differently" example for me.

Would have put my working years into one endeavor, instead of spread out across multiple jobs/companies.

But also, I did not risk my life on the job, as you did.

For those who don't know, Lead Pipe is retired law enforcement.

Hindsight is 20/20, as they say. Can't change it now.

And have to be thankful, as covid ruined the careers/lives for many people. Thankful to be back to work in 2021, after covid killed my last job in 2020.
#1839261 - 03/07/23 03:45 PM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: jonh]
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Originally Posted By: jonh
I'm not dead yet - will post something in the boating section

I don't fish nearly as much as I used to

I saw jonh on the water a couple years ago and it was like an apparition. We used to see each other out there all the time, but a lot has happened since the early years of CTF.

I too fish a fraction of what I used to, both inshore and offshore. I now have a "real" job, which means I travel the world and if not traveling, commute to Watertown from Old Saybrook most days. I got remarried 4 years(and want to spend time with this wife wink2 ) and have become a grandfather. (Nick the Fluke Slayer is a father now !!)

I guess the old CTF guard is getting older and our lives have become more complicated.

Edited by John from Madison CT (03/07/23 03:46 PM)

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics