I fished above the RR bridge behind Bart's from about 4:15 pm to 7:pm. I'm pretty sure the water is still rising! It was about 2'+ higher than it was on Tuesday. Water was clear, but the flow was rather languid; moving so slowly as not to raise a riffle or wake around the bridge abutments. Surface water temp was ~52-53º F.

A couple of regulars were on the boat ramp, only one was fishing. Neither reported any action. Above the RR bridge there were a few regulars sitting on the guardrail making chin music. They, also had nothing to report. A buddy of mine met me there, and we decided the shad wouldn't land themselves, so we started casting. About 5:50 pm I had a good hit, fairly close to the bank. I was able to land a healthy shad with nice bright, shiny scales, and good coloration, about 2#. It was fat enough that my buddy, and another regular who had just showed up asked if it was a roe. No, I could see it leaking a little milt, for a buck. After a Kodak moment, I sent it back home to the river. And that One-a-Day vitamin shad was it for the day, nobody else had so much as a bump. It feels good to get the skunk off.

Terminal tackle: 5/8 oz drail, over a 2-1/2' flouro leader (8#), and a smooth silver willow painted red/chartreuse/white w/black dot.

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"