As I did yesterday, I fished behind Bart's from 4:30-7 pm. The water quality and temp (55º F) was about the same as, and down only a couple of inches from yesterday. There were a few more people plying the bank than yesterday, and it wasn't long before a couple of more joined the small crowd. There were reports that it had been busy all day, and there were a number of shad on the bank, in buckets, on stringers, and in bags.

A couple of shad were caught by the time that I finally hooked a small buck a little past 5 pm. As I reached for my net, it threw the hook at my feet--c'est la guerre. By 5:45 I landed a middlin' buck, and a half hour later I landed another. Other than a few bumps, that was it for me. A couple of other shad were caught but the action was certainly slower, and less consistent than last night. By all accounts, the better shad fishing had been earlier in the day.

Terminal tackle: 1/2 oz drail over a 2-1/2' flouro leader, and I almost emptied the tackle box to find willows that worked. Silver (orange/red or green/blue) seemed to get more bumps than gold or copper anything, the shad I played tonight, all hit on silver willows.

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"