I stopped by Bart's about 4:30 pm after work today. There were 7 or 8 folx working the bank. The water was about the same level as Tuesday, clear, and flowing pretty well. The surface temp was about 64º F today! I only spent an hour plying the bank behind Bart's, and caught all of 2 alewives to keep the skunk off. No shad to be seen, but plenty of alewives, and they were flipping out of the water everywhere. At 5:30 I headed over to E. Barber St, and the Bissell Bridge boat launch.

At Bissell, there were 4 or 5 folx fishing. The water was up on the ramp, and there wasn't much bank to the right to fish but we made do. The water was clear and flowing well, surface temp about 62º F. There were, at least rumors of shad but none on the bank when I arrived. By 6:30, somebody had landed a nice buck shad, but that was all I saw. Until I was packing up to head home for supper at 7:pm, when another shad was caught. Too little, too late, and I was hungry so I left. Maybe the action came in later than I was willing to stay. :shrug:

Terminal tackle: 5/8 oz drail over 3' flouro leader, and a variety colors of hammered silver or gold willows.

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"