I fished behind Bart's from about 5-7:30 pm. There was a decent group of about 9 fishing when I got there, with reports of shad caught. For every body that called it a night, another body showed up to replace them, so the crowd persisted. The water was down about a foot from yesterday, clear, and flowing with a surface temp about 53º F.

A little before 6 pm I C&R a middlin' buck, shortly thereafter, a nice 3+# roe was landed, and a while later another middlin' buck was C&R. A few more shad were subject to a short-lived fight before performing a long distance "self" release. And, more than a few alewives provided added value entertainment, too.

The fishing should continue to be good through Friday, and into Saturday. We'll see how much rain we get Saturday into Sunday AM. If it's anything like last Saturday, it will keep the water temps from warming too much, and recharging the river level, and current. Will it be good for the shad run next week? It could, but the accuracy of the forecast is always a crap shoot, so I'll reserve judgement. YMMV, and invariably will...

Terminal tackle: 1/2 oz drail over 2-1/2' flouro leader, and a red/white hammered silver w/black dot willow leaf.

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"