I stopped behind the RR Bridge in back of Bart's tonight from 4:30-7 pm. The water was high, but not as high as I thought it would be, flowing well, nice and clear, and with a surface temp at about 56º F. There was one fishing at the boat launch, and a couple of kids tossing rocks when I arrived. Above the bridge, there were four guys fishing. One of whom reported that he caught a few shad before I got there.

About 10 mins to 5 pm, I hooked a nice heavy shad. It made several good runs, and jumped once before I netted her, a fat 4# roe. I put her on my stringer, I'm having fresh shad this week! :drool: Since I'm the only one in the family who eats it, I only keep a couple for the table each year; this is number 3. Before I left, I had landed 3 bucks, and lost one at my feet as I reached for the net. I saw 2 other roes caught, one C&R, one for somebody's table, and both larger than mine. The action was fairly consistent, I don't think a 1/2 hour went by without somebody playing a shad. Today was a very good day! laugh

Terminal tackle: 1/2 oz drail over a an 8# flouro leader, which I had to shorten to about 2'+/-. The willow du jour for me was an red relective tape/orange paint silver leaf w/black dot. I also saw a green/white leaf somebody else used to good effect.

Tomorrow should be another very good day. Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"