Cooked up 4 today. Sorry no pics of the food. My Uncle Ed has been in a nursing home since he fell and cracked his pelvis on New Years Eve. He's not happy about it. Ed is turning 99 shortly and is a WWII navy vet who was active in both Normandy and later the South Pacific. He's also about as Irish as they come. I did up 4 nice briskets 3 to 3.5 lbs each. Simmered them with the spices for nearly 2.5 hours and put them in the oven to keep them warm. Then added 5 lbs of little potatoes and another 4 or 5 lbs of chunked peeled carrots to the water for about 15 minutes. Finally added 2 wedged cabbages and cooked for the last 15 minutes. Brought it all down to the nursing home in a big cooler along with Irish Soda bread made by my neighbor (best on earth) and a birthday cake for Ed and my brother who turned 60 today, and had a great feast with a dozen family and friends. I even smuggled in some Jameson, a bit of Vermouth, and a jar of cherries and made Ed a proper Manhattan. Probably the high point of his meal.

Erin go braless indeed!

I've got gas and I've got crabs. You wanna go out?

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.� - Ronald Reagan

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss