What's up, guys?!?!?!

Ain't it crazy how life changes so quickly? Guiding and managing a tackle shop was a tough way to save for retirement so when Shimano called with a job offer, I had to give it a shot... 8 years later, I'm living in SC and working out of Shimano Fish Division HQ in North Charleston. My official title is Saltwater Product Marketing Manager. Relocating was a major change for me and I miss guiding and ice fishing every day, life was far more simple back then. That said, I like SC a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. I oversee the product launches along with our Pros and TV contracts among other things. I bought a house a couple of miles from the office and am engaged to my high school sweetheart.

The year-round fishing opportunities here are endless. I can't remember the last time I chased the little green fish, but I get on the salt as much as possible. We are fortunate enough to have use of a bass boat, skiff, bay boat, and center console but the challenge is finding the time! Lately, I spend more time on the water directing photo and video shoots than fishing but I'll take that over sitting at a desk any day. The deep water is a bit of a run here but we target swords, blue marlin, and the occasional yellowfin. Closer to the dock, I would put our jigging up against any place in the world... There was 2-day stretch where IO had a couple of writers out where over the course of 2 days, we jigged 46 different species. A full freezer is never an issue here!

It's great to look through posts and see some old friends still here!