I am truly sorry that the state of ct is so ridiculous in not having the resources to protect the investment in fishing in ct.The state gets money from the feds and from ct fees and still do not hire enough officers for enforcement or pay them to live here. Anyway, on Sunday April 23 2023 i was walking my dog in Matties grove park in Barkhamsted on the Farmington river and right in the middle of the beach area of the park in the catch and release,barb less hook area were a CROWD of people catching and keeping multiple trout of all sizes caught on worms with snelled barbed hooks, bass lures with triple treble hooks etc.Some trout were on sticks still alive .When told about the regulations I was laughed at.I will say that this is not even close to the first time almost always on weekends (no ot for rangers i bet) Just for the record (not that it matters) all of the crowd were non english speaking and im sure they dont know the laws. I wish there were signs on trees near the beach to show that its catch and release.