What a night!

My sincere thanks go to everyone that helped to organize this event, P Dona, Greg S, Mermaid CT, Paul D, Chris, and Zippy. You can be very proud of yourselves my friends!

Thanks also go to the many others that unselfishly stepped forward to help set up, clean up, sell raffle tickets or greet people at the door last night.We couldn't have done it without you!

Bob your slide show was incredible!You put a ton of effort into that production and you can be very proud of the results. Also thanks to everyone that brought TVs and DVDs.

It was a special evening. Nothing like dinner with 150 of your closest friends. There was sooooooooo much great food that it was impossible to taste it all.
The chowders, stews, roasted venison, the corned venison, the fresh fish and chips, the perch fillets, the venison stuffed calzones....and those desserts....Out of this world!

To me, the highlight of the evening was seeing Pam Klose and her 2 beautiful boys Alex and Ben come into the hall.It choked me up and made everything we had worked for suddenly very real. It was so good to finally meet them, and to see those boys joyfully playing with their trucks and scampering around us all night. Priceless! \:\)

I think we had enough raffle prizes again this year huh? :p Thanks to everyone that added to the booty with a prize donation.

Best of all, we raised a load of money to contribute to Ben and Alex's scholarship fund. It's unofficial because I still have some expenses to clear but once the dust settles,the CTF Fish and Game dinner will have donated over:

$3, 0 0 0 . 0 0

(Of course, I will post the final tally in a day or two.)

What a night for such a great cause! I hope to see everyone again next year and let's make this even bigger and some how even better. Thanks for coming!

We miss you Pete (Uconn Putz). I'm sure you're fishing or hunting in a better place and I know I'll meet you someday in the field. ;\)