ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1351555 - 09/17/11 12:37 PM It aint that bad
Blaine Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Just had a customer come in for a second time this morning for bait... In a wheel chair... Drove himself here in his van, hopped the curb, climbed up the sidewalk in front of the shop and came in the door with zero effort. Flew around the shop grabbing his bait and terminal tackle and was back at the register in no time. He was in a great mood, happy as hell to be fishing and couldn't wait to get back down to the river again.

Gotta love his spirit... Sure was great to see someone with his disabilities loving life. sure got me to thinking. Guess my arthritic, aching joints aint $hit. Shut up and FISH!
Fishing Info
#1351556 - 09/17/11 12:38 PM Re: It aint that bad [Re: Blaine]
Louie-Louie Offline

Loc: Union, Conn.-Westerly RI
AMEN.
#1351576 - 09/17/11 02:31 PM Re: It aint that bad [Re: Blaine]
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
I know a guy who is paralyzed from the waist down. He was shot in a drive by shooting at the age of 14. At the time he was a nationally ranked tennis player.

He is now a top surgeon at Yale Hospital and was recently married.

The way he looks at it is that the only thing wrong with him is that his legs don't work. That's it. Nothing more. Incredible attitude.

#1351661 - 09/18/11 12:48 AM Re: It aint that bad [Re: Blaine]
MOONSHINER Offline

THEFINALTIMEOUT

Heck Rollin D does more from his dam chair than a lot of people I know He does not know the word Cant

Maine The Way Life Should Be and is going to be for me and the dogs before to long
#1351670 - 09/18/11 01:30 AM Re: It aint that bad [Re: Blaine]
Climber Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Gotta love his spirit... Sure was great to see someone with his disabilities loving life. sure got me to thinking. Guess my arthritic, aching joints aint $hit. Shut up and FISH! [/quote]

True--True Blaine
#1351703 - 09/18/11 10:49 AM Re: It aint that bad [Re: Blaine]
Tmack9200 Offline

Loc: City of Champions...
My wife is a pedatric nurse at Shriners Hospital, they recieve children from all of the world with disabilities, some as severe as being born with no arms and no legs or getting them blown off by mines, to minor as in leg length discrempensy...

These kids are amazing with the greatest attitude you will ever see and don't let anything slow them down.. James who was the one born with no arms and no legs is currently on his highschool basket ball team eek2
#1351714 - 09/18/11 11:20 AM Re: It aint that bad [Re: Tmack9200]
StarkC69 Online   laughing

SABOD

Loc: Hampden, MA
Originally Posted By: Tmack9200
James who was the one born with no arms and no legs is currently on his highschool basket ball team eek2

I thought his name was Bobby? Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

Amen to your statement Blaine....We really have it good and shouldn't complain. Shut Up and Fish smile1

Team Stark Stronger
Team Three Belles
Team Masshole
FUKINNAUTICALSICKCRAZYMOTHERBADASS

#1351769 - 09/18/11 01:29 PM Re: It aint that bad [Re: Tmack9200]
Bass Ackwards Offline

Originally Posted By: Tmack9200
My wife is a pedatric nurse at Shriners Hospital, they recieve children from all of the world with disabilities, some as severe as being born with no arms and no legs or getting them blown off by mines, to minor as in leg length discrempensy...

50 years ago I was in the Shriners Hospital in Springfied for an operation. There was another kid in there that even at my young age made me feel lucky. He had no arms, just hands sticking out of his shoulders. He wasn't there for that though, he was there for the doctors to try and make his legs work so he could walk. The memory of him always made me feel lucky and never complain about my problems.

A person with disabilities can either bitch and complain about it making those around them miserable, or he (or she) can find ways to do the things they want to do. Everything a handicapped person does is much marder than an able bodied person so please don't park in their handicapped spots and don't get annoyed if it takes them "to long" to launch their boat. And if they invite you on their boat and you except, don't cancel out at the last moment, it kills their day too. I rarely ask people now because of the "last minute backouts".

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics