ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1832131 - 06/26/22 06:38 PM More Black Seabass Tonight
Tall 1 Offline

More black seabass tonight. This time, seasoned with garlic and herbs then dusted in flour and pan fried.
So good!
Fishing Info
#1832134 - 06/26/22 07:52 PM Re: More Black Seabass Tonight [Re: Tall 1]
O-BASS Offline

Wow that looks absolutely amazing! Looks like the whole tail portion? I'm assuming you left the bones intact and just fried it skinless? Probably got a ton more meat doing it that way.

My offering Certainly didn't look as pretty as yours does and I didn't have the fancy side dishes with the kids so we just opted for homemade french fries tonight and corn on the cob. There wasn't a single crumb left.

Black sea bass Remains the best tasting fish I have eaten that swims. I'm going to put it above walleye although I think my offering on walleye might have been a little freezer burnt (pretty sure).
#1832140 - 06/26/22 08:25 PM Re: More Black Seabass Tonight [Re: Tall 1]
Tall 1 Offline

Thanks Mike. I fried it in 2 sections, head and shoulders, and mid-body to tail.
Gutted, scaled, de-finned then cut and seasoned. Let the seasoning saturate into the fish for a few hours. Then took it out to let it come up to room temperature then dusted it in seasoned flour and fried it up.
The skin was very crispy and full of flavor.
A great way to cook seabass.
I agree, I think it’ tastes better than any other fish in the Sound.
#1832169 - 06/27/22 08:55 AM Re: More Black Seabass Tonight [Re: Tall 1]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Looks AWESOME!!!

Black Seabass are my favorite eating fish in LIS.

Love Walleye & Calico Bass.

Those 3 species are my favorite fish….don’t make me choose a favorite. smile1

Lotsssss of other great fish out there as table fare, but I don’t catch many of them often:
-Tilefish
-Orange Roughy
-Chilean Seabass
-Halibut
-YF & BF Tuna
-Bunker wink2 (but it’s true)
-etc………..

Active Topics