ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1836887 - 11/28/22 03:44 PM More than 100 people are STRANDED on large iceberg that broke free on Minnesota lake while they were fishing
Mitch P. Offline

More than 100 people are STRANDED on large iceberg that broke free on Minnesota lake while they were fishing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...esota-lake.html
Fishing Info
#1836891 - 11/28/22 07:58 PM Re: More than 100 people are STRANDED on large iceberg that broke free on Minnesota lake while they were fishing [Re: Mitch P.]
Buck Offline

That almost happened to me and my fishing partner on Lake Erie. We were out about a mile fishing reefs for perch and smelt. Looking to the west I could see a front coming which would bring lake effect snow and wind. So with my compass I pointed my partner as the "lead dog" right towards the parking lot where our car was parked and we started to move forward with me correcting as necessary with the compass. We hit shore about 200 yards off but were thrilled since the front brought both the snow and wind and you could not see more than 20 yards in front of you. The compass was critical to keep heading towards shore.
Meanwhile, the wind broke off an ice shelf that was a couple of miles long and it had about 50 fishermen plus their ATVs on it. Helicopters rescued the fishermen but all equipment was left on the floating shelf to be reunited when that ice shelf reconnected to the main ice sheet and froze solid again. Then the fishermen regained their equipment.

Active Topics