ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1847975 - 03/21/24 06:05 PM Re: 2024 CT fishing & boating fatalities thread [Re: Mitch P.]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
I rowed throughout high school & college in Buffalo. We rowed in rough water, and cold water between icebergs, but those were the good old days. Most of our rowing was in fairly protected canals (along the Niagara River, narrow lakes and canals in Canada, Syracuse, etc).

No Way should a coach take rowing shells with anyone let alone kids out into LIS this time of year with such cold water temps, and with wind/chop. The coach should be fired for very poor judgement, risk to minors and also be sued personally and club/school by the 27 members of the rowing team (24 rowers and 3 coxswains), and those in the coach boat that was swamped.

Ridiculous
Fishing Info
#1847982 - 03/22/24 08:18 PM Re: 2024 CT fishing & boating fatalities thread [Re: Mitch P.]
Sickday Offline

I started wearing my Astral YTV PFD while fishing on my 24 foot seaway HTS. I’m a good swimmer and freedive spearfish.
I however do not swim well if unconscious. The YTV is very comfortable and cost $140, never needs service, and I wear it.
When I whitewater kayaked you had to wear a pfd. No one but the squirt boaters even gave it a thought. I have two inflatables that are available for guest, if they can’t swim or under 12 pfds are mandatory. I fish anywhere from inshore to 50 mile out and had a good friend loose his son at sea, never found a body. I don’t want to do that to my family!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics