ctfisherman.com logo
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1749850 - 08/23/18 06:10 PM Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! [Re: Mitch P.]
The Fish Man Offline

Loc: CT
So I have contacted Gov. Malloy, Dick Blumenthal, Chris Murphy, Art Linares, Carl Fortuna and the Hartford Courant so far. My next call is to the New London Day. If you value being able to pull up at a favorite fishing access point, and throwing a few casts, you should join in on this. This is all of our access, not just "theirs". I will be damned if I will relent, for one minute, to the select few who deem the ocean access to be theirs.
A little helpful hint, until I get an email list comprised....google Gov. Malloy, Chris Murphy, Richard Blumenthal, Art Linares, Devin Carey (Art Carney, of the honeymooners' great grand son) and the DEEP and Carl Fortuna, First selectman for Old Saybrook, and take the few moments to voice your opinion via email. You may not think your voice counts but it does.

Behold the fisherman. Mighty are his preparations. He arises early and full of hope. He fishes all day and returns late in the evening, smelling afoul, and the truth is not in him.
Fishing Info
#1749851 - 08/23/18 06:17 PM Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! [Re: Mitch P.]
jonh Offline

FUBO

If you want Murphy and Blumenthal to help you should tell them you are here illegally and fear deportation.

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#1749869 - 08/24/18 09:06 AM Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! [Re: Mitch P.]
The Fish Man Offline

Blumenthal would show up for a garage door opening!

Behold the fisherman. Mighty are his preparations. He arises early and full of hope. He fishes all day and returns late in the evening, smelling afoul, and the truth is not in him.
#1749890 - 08/24/18 12:30 PM Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! [Re: Mitch P.]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
laugh laugh laugh
#1750159 - 08/28/18 12:11 PM Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! [Re: Mitch P.]
Don P Offline

Rich are you going to post an update with the good news?!!!!....well done CTF & CT Shoreline Access Advocate
#1750231 - 08/29/18 12:19 PM Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! [Re: Mitch P.]
The Fish Man Offline

An update on Cornfield Point shoreline access...
We have won the battle, but not sure we have won the war. It seems that several allies, and I, have ruffled feathers with some prominent people in town. Allow me to explain.
I have contacted everyone from our Governor, right down to state Representatives and local selectmen and woman, and had a face to face with the beach association president (his wife is the selectwoman) when being thrown out. The amount of blowback that each had received has produced removal of the boulders that were closing off this beach access. Again, the war is probably not over.
There will be heightened vigilance at this area. The one hour parking law will be strictly enforced. If you so much as spit out the tag end of a leader that you were tying, it will be construed as litter.
It will be incumbent upon anyone using this area to police it as if it was your front yard.
To that point, there are many access points in our state that are abused. Not by sportsmen, but by those who go and fish, and have zero respect for the area. There is litter, drug use, and other happenings that we would not want to see in our neighborhoods. I ask each of you to be the eyes and ears of our resources. Try not to ask people to police themselves, as that can lead to confrontation. I rather ask that if you see littering, drug use, or the like, call 911. That is what they are there for.
Please do not take this matter lightly, as legislation allows beach associations to restrict access, unless it is a qualified DEEP shoreline access. I ask for your help in preventing litter and abuse at these areas, and your help in preventing any domino effect that this issue may create.

Respectfully
Rich the Fish Man.

#1750234 - 08/29/18 12:34 PM Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! [Re: Mitch P.]
Don P Offline

Excellent! Great job Rich

1 hour parking limit at a fishing spot is pretty tight, but 1 hour fishing is better than none. Suggest everyone ties their gear up at home and park there ready to cast so you don't waste time during your 1 hour stint.
#1750243 - 08/29/18 02:06 PM Re: Coastal Access Guide Now Online! [Re: Mitch P.]
macattack678 Online   content

USN (Ret)

Loc: North Stonington
Awesome Job Rich. Thank you for your persistence.

"Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions."

"Great fishermen are not born that way.....They become so through a lifetime of neglecting other things in their lives."

"Don't try to explain it. Just nod your head. Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Active Topics