ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#762221 - 02/18/07 08:49 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
Murph Offline

Loc: CT. Got a problem with that?
That was my first ctf event and I had a great time.
I enjoyed many of the dishes, but what really stuck out was the elk stew and the corned venision.
I would love that corned venison recipe.

If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one.

Fishing Info
#762222 - 02/18/07 09:22 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
Michael-SW CT Offline

Loc: Bridgeport
Gotta be the elk. A few others I enjoyed where that potatoe salad, yellow perch, yams, and striper.

If bluefish were to grow as big as giant bluefins, then there would be nothing left out there except for blues!

I LOVE MY BLUES!
#762223 - 02/18/07 09:28 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
Michael-SW CT Offline

Loc: Bridgeport
Who was happy with the strawberry shortcake I brought? My dad told me that by the time desert started, it was gone.

If bluefish were to grow as big as giant bluefins, then there would be nothing left out there except for blues!

I LOVE MY BLUES!
#762224 - 02/18/07 10:15 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
Zach S. Offline

Loc: Pardeeville, WI
thanks guys- I thought the elk came out great too - definitely a bigger roast next year though- I'd like to try a 5-6 pounder honestly - the meat wasn't so expensive, but the overnight shipping from Colorado was! \:D - I'd do it again in a second!

Fishing is way too important to take so seriously...
#762225 - 02/18/07 10:22 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...
I missed allot of the dishes including all the chowders \:o \:o

I know what I did try was good stuff. Another outstanding game dinner

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
#762226 - 02/18/07 11:01 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
I have to say... My buddy Dave who brought the Buffalo dove(from Texas!!!) and Pheastant was so happy it was gone, He just moved down here from Mass and will be joining the site later...HE and HIs wife had a blast...and he was nervous no one would eat it...I had a few pieces in the Kitchen.....DAMN GOOD!.....Chris....PERCH RULES!!! And thanks for letting me steal a piece beforehand , cuz all I really had for dinner was fingernails and Busch by the time I got through the line!!!!!!!. Bill the turkey was as good as it was Friday...Zach I saw the roast roasting...that's it! I know I missed alot of good eats but hey!!!...........My wife and I had such a good time at our table..who knew......
Guys thanks for the kind words of the chowder....I actually had a bowl myself!!!!...I will bring it to every event there is!!!!! ;\) Jon and all again GREAT JOB!!!!

ONE LAST THING....IVAN ...THAT POLLOCK RULED!!!!!! I did get 4 pieces of that......!!!!!!!!
Paul... what can ya say about that salad!!!

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#762227 - 02/18/07 11:02 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
Skipperj9 Offline
7 Days a week, here I come...

All the venison was bangin especially the corned venison. The buffalo dove/pheasant/bird was pretty awesome as well, but overall hats off goes to chris med's clam chowder, its the winner, no other contestants, id like to thank everyone who cooked... Some good stuff though, i ate so much i couldnt even have another beer, and thats unnatural.

Matty K's Snag-Free Trolling Tubes
-4X Gamakatsu Hooks
-Stainless Steel Wire
-49 Strand Cable
Last year these tubes accounted for bass to 30lbs!
PM for details

Connecticut Outfitters
http://www.ct-outfitters.com
554 Wethersfield Ave
Hartford, CT 06114
860-296-0110
#762228 - 02/18/07 11:14 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
PDona Online   content

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
I had a chance to try Zach's Elk roast! That was awesome.. the buffalo Pheasant I got to try in the kitchen was excellent, too. Fried haddock! Panfish chowder! Venison Corned beef!! I didn't get a chance to try more than half of the items, but what I did have was really tasty!! Great job, everyone!!
THIS IS THE BEST OF THE BEST IN CT!!!!

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#762229 - 02/18/07 11:16 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
MyGirl Offline

There were some fantastic recipes, and some were just new ways to cook things so that they came out great. Would appreciate it if folks could put out their recipes in the cooking/recipe section. So many good things to try I never got to all of them.
#762230 - 02/18/07 11:20 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
TommyTrebble Offline

Blu_Dragonfly's Net Boy

Loc: New Hartford, CT
my plate was piled high with lots of great tasting food, but I did like those Perch fillet nuggets a lot.

Better to imitate a Winner then be an Original Loser.

Team Crappieholic
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  BassnBear 

Active Topics