I think stranding thousands of Americans, abandoning afghans and millions of dollars of equipment in Afghanistan and then telling the American people everything is fine and this is a good thing while shaking hands with the terrorist enemy right in front of our faces while the media does its best to point to anything and everything else is a TRAVESTY. This might fall under non optimized convenience. But...

I always liked being able to Market just the people who subscribe on here. Specifically because it makes it so that the audience that I'm selling to is people that I've got a known for reference for (post history). No more no-shows, last minute cancelation or sudden changes of mind. I sold a really good kayak here without any haggling and with one exception was I nipped in the bud pretty quick offering me a price that wasn't even close to what I was asking for. I got a fair price from a reputable site member who I knew was going to use the gear and make use of the kayak as opposed to just sell it for another $50 more than they bought it for. I also didn't have to worry about being stabbed in a parking lot or showing up and having five or six guys waiting for me to politely take my kayak and not pay me.

Its been beneficial several times. I've used the free option to sell lesser items, advertise outings like the swap meet, and generate more open response from less frequent contributors to get them involved as well.