Quote:
Originally posted by Keith G:
What I meant was that bass are currently plentiful and seem to be doing well from what is posted here as well as what the DEP publishes as far as electrofishing.
Not picking on you at all Keith G - but I strongly feel that bass fishing can be better in just about every public lake we have. Even the DEP studies show that many lakes have a surplus forage base - which translates into room for more predator species.

Sorry again Keith G. ( Honestly, I'm not picking on you \:\) ) but I am going to quote you again from a later post.

"What is the usual weigh in limit for number of fish in tournaments?? You can't drop the creel limit too low or you'll be weighing in 2 or 3 fish. Remember, fish in the live well count towards a limit whether you plan on throwing them back or not"

I'm very glad you mention this because it's a commonly held belief that lowering the creel limits will impact tourney fishing.

I don't believe that "tourney creel limits" should have anything at all to do with "standard creel limits" - The DEP can and does issue waivers to tourneys to allow 12" bass to be weighed in on bass managements lakes - so there is no reason they couldn't use the same waiver system to allow 5 bass limits in 100% C&R tourneys.

All we need is the tourney paperwork filled out.

....If we have any say... Vote for May