ctfisherman.com logo
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1839310 - 03/10/23 08:53 AM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Mitch P.]
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

Well this is a blast from the past.
Fishing Info
#1839404 - 03/14/23 01:10 PM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Mitch P.]
MermaidCT Offline

Loc: SE CT Shoreline
Thank you Mitch for getting in touch. It’s incredible to believe it’s been 20 years. Very memorable adventures to many places for a number of years. Good times, many characters and I learned so much. I always said to myself “We do the things people watch on TV”. Still fishing in CT also Florida.
I still keep in touch with a handful of truly good people I met through this group.
Hoping everyone is well.

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques Yves Cousteau

#1839405 - 03/14/23 01:44 PM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Mitch P.]
Jon Pski Offline

Loc: Winsted, CT
I haven't posted much in the past year but have been busy starting a new life with a new wonderful woman. May 16 I get my second "new" knee then after that I'm done working. Will be trading in my 90 second drive to Highland for a 25 minute drive to Candlewood. Finally going to have the time to figure out the premier seasonal patterns and spots on that lake.
#1839406 - 03/14/23 01:52 PM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

Nice updates Kim and Jon. Hope you can post more often. You're both #oldschool for sure!
#1839419 - 03/14/23 04:55 PM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: LEAD PIPE]
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

[quote=LEAD PIPE]

Enjoining retirement! Highly recommend, it’s like 6 Saturdays and a Sunday.

That brought a tear to my eye.... I getting there slowly but surely.

....If we have any say... Vote for May

#1839434 - 03/15/23 10:03 AM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Mitch P.]
Capt. Karl Offline

Loc: Newtown, CT.
I'm back ! Only thing different is I got rid of the boats and went to a kayak,

Capt. Karl Former SEA\\TOW Candlewood Lake
#1839468 - 03/17/23 07:54 AM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Mitch P.]
Blaine Offline

Loc: South Carolina
What's up, guys?!?!?!

Ain't it crazy how life changes so quickly? Guiding and managing a tackle shop was a tough way to save for retirement so when Shimano called with a job offer, I had to give it a shot... 8 years later, I'm living in SC and working out of Shimano Fish Division HQ in North Charleston. My official title is Saltwater Product Marketing Manager. Relocating was a major change for me and I miss guiding and ice fishing every day, life was far more simple back then. That said, I like SC a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. I oversee the product launches along with our Pros and TV contracts among other things. I bought a house a couple of miles from the office and am engaged to my high school sweetheart.

The year-round fishing opportunities here are endless. I can't remember the last time I chased the little green fish, but I get on the salt as much as possible. We are fortunate enough to have use of a bass boat, skiff, bay boat, and center console but the challenge is finding the time! Lately, I spend more time on the water directing photo and video shoots than fishing but I'll take that over sitting at a desk any day. The deep water is a bit of a run here but we target swords, blue marlin, and the occasional yellowfin. Closer to the dock, I would put our jigging up against any place in the world... There was 2-day stretch where IO had a couple of writers out where over the course of 2 days, we jigged 46 different species. A full freezer is never an issue here!

It's great to look through posts and see some old friends still here!
#1839469 - 03/17/23 08:51 AM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

There are old school CTF members ... then there's Blaine. In a class by himself. #legend

Thanks for stopping in.

Enjoy following your updates on Instagram.
#1839479 - 03/17/23 06:44 PM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Blaine]
earl bird Offline

Loc: Terryville
Blaine - do you still have any contact with the owner of the lodge where we stayed on God’s Lake in Canada in 2008? I believe that they are now out of business.
I still remember our eventful trip there with my son and Buck.
Weather conditions were unbelievable.

Fishing: the art of casting, trolling, jigging, or spinning while freezing, sweating, swatting, or swearing.
Henry Beard and Roy McKie
#1839498 - 03/19/23 09:59 AM Re: Let's kick some life into the site - Reach out to inactive members [Re: Mitch P.]
jimmy Offline

Hi Mitch and All.

Really loved time spent on CTF and made some lifelong friends here that I still keep in touch with often.

Times are different, Im sure not just for me, but for most of us as we get older. I now rarely have time to fish anymore. I use to be single with simple job and plenty of time to fish. I was also younger and had lots of energy. Now I have a kids, aging parents who need continual care, and a job with little flexibility and long commute. Even when I have time to do something, I rarely have the energy and strength to do what I use to be able to do.. I rarely get enough sleep. Im 35lbs over weight and its hard to even move around like I use to. Twenty years takes a toll and changes alot.

I do love my job and what I do. Im not unhappy, its just not fishing.

I also love having kids and being married, its also just not fishing.. Some balance would be nice but it wont happen.

Around the year 2010, I got to live around the country for a while. I spent a few years in Indiana and then was also close to RI even living ocean front for close to 6 years and catching fish right from my front door and got into kayak fishing. While living there, I could have probably buy a decent boat if I wanted, just didnt have the desire, really like the simplicity of the kayak and enjoying the beauty of the water and land rather than just focusing on fish. Perhaps it is some type of dementia smile1

Times do change. People use facebook alot now for fishing groups, Im not one of them though.

jimmy

Edited by jimmy (03/19/23 10:03 AM)
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics