ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#762258 - 02/18/07 12:27 PM Re: The after Party...
octanehi5 Offline

My First CTF Dinner,nice to meet a few of you.everyone did a great job,You People did a very good thing,I am sure the family will appreciate it. Remember one thing there are no strangers in the world only people we have not met yet. ciao Ron
Fishing Info
#762259 - 02/18/07 12:27 PM Re: The after Party...
Tall 1 Online   content

What a night!

My sincere thanks go to everyone that helped to organize this event, P Dona, Greg S, Mermaid CT, Paul D, Chris, and Zippy. You can be very proud of yourselves my friends!

Thanks also go to the many others that unselfishly stepped forward to help set up, clean up, sell raffle tickets or greet people at the door last night.We couldn't have done it without you!

Bob your slide show was incredible!You put a ton of effort into that production and you can be very proud of the results. Also thanks to everyone that brought TVs and DVDs.

It was a special evening. Nothing like dinner with 150 of your closest friends. There was sooooooooo much great food that it was impossible to taste it all.
The chowders, stews, roasted venison, the corned venison, the fresh fish and chips, the perch fillets, the venison stuffed calzones....and those desserts....Out of this world!

To me, the highlight of the evening was seeing Pam Klose and her 2 beautiful boys Alex and Ben come into the hall.It choked me up and made everything we had worked for suddenly very real. It was so good to finally meet them, and to see those boys joyfully playing with their trucks and scampering around us all night. Priceless! \:\)

I think we had enough raffle prizes again this year huh? :p Thanks to everyone that added to the booty with a prize donation.

Best of all, we raised a load of money to contribute to Ben and Alex's scholarship fund. It's unofficial because I still have some expenses to clear but once the dust settles,the CTF Fish and Game dinner will have donated over:

$3, 0 0 0 . 0 0

(Of course, I will post the final tally in a day or two.)

What a night for such a great cause! I hope to see everyone again next year and let's make this even bigger and some how even better. Thanks for coming!

We miss you Pete (Uconn Putz). I'm sure you're fishing or hunting in a better place and I know I'll meet you someday in the field. ;\)
#762260 - 02/18/07 12:58 PM Re: The after Party...
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
All I can say is Hat's off to all who
put this event together.

The Raffle was filled with stuff that made your eye's just about pop out of your head.
To all of you who donated raffle prizes
Tight Lines everyone. \:D

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#762261 - 02/18/07 01:02 PM Re: The after Party...
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

Had a great time and I too met a CTF'er or two that were nothing like what I imagined them to be.

The food was fantastic - my only regret, that I probably only tried half of it before my stomach hurt from overfilling it.

How about Crazy Ivan and company frying fish and fries outside the front door - beyond addicted

....If we have any say... Vote for May

#762262 - 02/18/07 01:21 PM Re: The after Party...
Relentless Offline

I knew I was going to miss a great night, I will nevre schedule surgury again the week of the CTF Game Dinner. I am glad to hear it was an awesome night and the Klose family was able to attend and thanks to everyone CTF was able donate over $3K. I wonder if Jerry Lewis started out this way?

Next year I will be there and by the way who was the lucky member who won the trip aboard RELENTLESS?

Thanks

Dave

Captain Dave Waldrip
Green Harbor, MA
www.relentlesscharters.com
#762263 - 02/18/07 01:31 PM Re: The after Party...
JohnS Offline

Life Time Member

Loc: Wallingford/Florida
This was my "first" big CTF function that I have ever attended. Been a member on this site pretty much right from the start, had a great time last night. Food was great, and it was nice to meet few guys that I have conversed with back and forth over the years.
Kudos to: P Donna, Mermaid, Zach, Chris, OMG,
Jack, Greg, Paul D, and Rollin D. I know I'm forgetting a bunch more. Best game dinner I have ever been to bar none.
Also that was one hell of a Clam Chower Chris Med, thought I was gonna have to pull up a tree on Rt. 9 but I "clinched er down" \:D .
Outstanding job Bob on that video slide show God knows that took you "forever" to make.
Hats off to Tall 1, for a well run top notch event. Best of yet it was for great cause.
Also was great to see everyone I know and meet a few others.

New House 5/18
#762264 - 02/18/07 01:59 PM Re: The after Party...
macattack678 Offline

USN (Ret)

Loc: North Stonington
This was my first CTF game dinner and it was incredible. I wish I had been able to get there earlier. Thanks to everyone for all the hard work setting this up. I'm looking forward to next year.

"Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions."

"Great fishermen are not born that way.....They become so through a lifetime of neglecting other things in their lives."

"Don't try to explain it. Just nod your head. Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

#762265 - 02/18/07 01:59 PM Re: The after Party...
ted Offline

i like to thank everyone for a great nite filled with fun an laughs. i tip my bandana to all. i cant wait till next one
the fat guy from the deck
carl

TEDS BAIT & TACKLE
35 CLARK ST
OLD SAYBROOK CT 06475
(860) 388-4882
#762266 - 02/18/07 02:02 PM Re: The after Party...
Paul D. Offline

Lifetime Member

Loc: South Central, CT
That was the most efficently run event I have ever been to . The raffle went very well, lots of prizes and they were moving all around the hall in record time. Lots of fun and it was a really event friendly building. Thanks to all who helped with the cleanup.
To the above names we need to add Ray Z. who worked most of the event with food prep. and John S. for help with the setup . Hats off to Roxanne for her non stop effort in the kitchen! Nice to see some familiar faces again and meet a few CTfers that I only knew by name.
Heading out on the ice in a few ;\) .

Boat Ho in the Know

Team DILLIGAF

#762267 - 02/18/07 03:56 PM Re: The after Party...
deep callin Offline

I had a great time ,met many of you for the first time, loved the food, thanks to all who help set this dinner up... just can't wait for the next one!

CTF Profile

Isaac
Euro Mounts and Skulls
203-623-0627
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  BassnBear 

Active Topics