I went out after work this afternoon. I fished behind Bart's from 4:30-6, and then headed to Bissell until 7PM.

At Bart's the water was a little higher than it was the other day, clear but not moving well. I saw all of one shad caught at the boat ramp. A couple of the regulars said they had caught 2 early in the afternoon before I got there.

At Bissell there were 2 shad in a bucket, a decent buck and a middlin' roe. Both had been caught an hour or more before I got there.

Terminal tackle:
At Bart's: 3/8 oz drail over 3'flouro leader, hammered silver w/green, white & black dot, hammered copper w/chartreuse & orange dot.

At Bissell: 3/4 oz drail over 5-1/2' flouro leader, hammered silver w/red, white & black dot.

All I got at both locales was skunk, casting practice, and reports of scattered shad caught over the last few days, so the action is still slow. With the warming temps, I'm hoping the action improves over the weekend. We'll see...

Hoping to head out for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon, and maybe, too, on Sunday morning. Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"