Welcome back to the channel, LOL! It's time for my annual shad run thread. Buckle up, and let's roll... headbanger1

I went out last Thursday for a few hours casting practice. I had stopped by to scout E. Barber St., but the CT River was too high, and muddy. So I went up behind Bart's. There were 2 regulars already there with their arms in a cast. Considering how mostly dry it's been, the water level was pretty decent, clear, slow current, and flat. No breeze to speak of, clear day, and warm. I didn't grab a water temp, but no matter, nobody caught anything, not so much as a nibble.

Sunday I was able to get out again. Same-same as Thursday afternoon up behind Bart's, except there were 3 regulars taking casting practice when I got there. Again, not so much as a rumor of fish, of any species.

Today, I played hooky from work, and went out for a few hours this afternoon. Once again behind Bart's. Surface water temp. was a solid 50ºF, and other conditions much the same as Thursday and yesterday. The weather was cooler today, with a little breeze to start. By 3:pm the breeze freshened, and became rather blustery. One regular was on the bank killing time, certainly not fish. Another regular joined us to make a threesome--git yer minds out of the gutter, LOL! Again, no fish today. By this time last year, a few shad were being caught, albeit not by me...

Soon, I expect soon we will see, or at least get a report of shad caught. On another note, my brother in Christmas-town, Penna. is currently scouting the Delaware River, and learning the nuances of that shad run. I hope to join him down there, sometime in mid-April for a weekend on the Delaware.

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"