I spent the weekend with my brother and his family in Christmas-town, PA. Saturday we hit the Delaware River in a couple of spots around Easton. A surprise t-storm Friday afternoon brought the river up a bit, and dropped the temp a few degrees to about 67ºF. Scott Park was the most promising of the spots, but even the boaters we saw didn't seem to get any action. It was hotter than hell but still, it was a good day to be out. C'est la guerre.

Sunday we hit Scott Park again for an hour or so, but the only action was the river still rising from Friday's t-storms. So, we decided to try the Joisey shore. He had scouted a promising spot in Belvedere, NJ at a boat ramp. He lost his shad cherry here the day he scouted it. Just around 11 or 11:30 am he landed a small spent roe, ~20", long and thin; it looked like a buck at first glance. A few minutes later, I hooked up. Unfortunately, it threw the hook right at the net. Still, I got a good look at it, and don't feel too bad about losing it. I was going to release it anyway. Other than the 20" Walleye my brother caught, that was all the action we had for the day. See ya, Joisey!

On Monday, we figured to hit the Delaware Water Gap, as there were some recent, promising posts on the DWRSA Facebook page from the DWG. Since we were short on time, me to get back here, and he to fix his daughter's car (no headlights). We spent about 3 hours fishing Smithfield Beach in E. Stroudsburg, Pennsyltucky. I was waiting to hear banjos... shocked
We both had a couple of hits, but the only one that stuck was a nice little stocker rainbow my brother dragged out of the current. The water temp was up to 69ºF!

It was a nice trip, and fun despite the lack of tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"