On Thursday I went out for an hour after work. The water was down about 4' from the last trip behind Bart's. Water temp was just a hair over 40ºF, air temp about 60ºF and really pleasant. Except for snags, I got nothing. No fish today.

Today I went out after doing my chores, arrived a little after 1:pm behind Bart's. Three regulars were plying the bank and a few more were jawing up on the sidewalk. The heavy rain yesterday and last night brought the water up about 2'. It was remarkably clear, fair current, and a bit warmer than my last trip, at 46ºF. Eventually one of the gum-beaters zipped his lip and joined us taking casting practice. When it wasn't breezy, it was really nice in the sun, but when it blew it was cold. I lasted 2 hours before I was feeling the cold in more than just my fingers, so it was time to head home. No fish today.

Side notes:
One of the regulars caught a nice 21" buck shad yesterday afternoon, about 5-ish I think. Finally!

Last Thursday, my leaders were breaking on the knots when I snagged bottom. I think the spool of flouro I was using has not aged well (going on it's 3rd year, P-line). I replaced it with Vanish, but bumped up to 10#. I didn't snag as much today as last Thursday, so for now I will reserve judgement, rather than spouting a half-baked opinion. I'll let time tell me if I made the right choice.

Don't know when I will get out again, it's going to depend on the weather, which looks unsettled for next week. Until then, tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"