ctfisherman.com logo
Page 26 of 28 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#929342 - 03/14/08 01:58 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: DAS]
Buck Offline

DAS, do you know if the full transcripts of the testimonies can be accessed or purchased somehow? I would like to see the answers to Rep. Minor's questions.
Fishing Info
#929345 - 03/14/08 02:11 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: BigLee]
BASSMANinCT Offline

Originally Posted By: BigLee
Bassman
Latins was scheduled for a major renovationback in the early 90's. The funds were held in limbo by state representative Mr. Maloney. He attached the non use or freezing of the funds to a bill that was for unemployment benefit extensions.
The ramp is way to shallow, the sides drop off and the parking lot is full of ruts from erosion. It was supposed to have been widened and have a dock along side each ramp. Plus it was supposed to have handicapped access.

BigLee, my comments on Lattins were just my opinion. I also agreed, yes, it does need work. But more inportant to the topic at hand, was that Lattins is not the issue of this bill. Lattins is a separate issue that would be nice to have them address some day, but this is about a sticker and fee for it, to raise money for the CLA to increase patrols.

One thing I personally believe is wrong in this discussion is everyone has their own agenda, and thoughts of what is important or not. Lattins is an issue, but not the topic of this sticker fee.
It is a related issue though, as money could be raised at Lattins from Parking fees, but the DEP would be the benefactor of that, not the CLA, just as in the parking fee at Squantz is used.

"A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!"

BASSMANinCT
My Fishing Pics Here: http://facebook.com/CameraManSWAIZE
#929457 - 03/14/08 08:43 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: Buck]
DAS Offline

Originally Posted By: Buck
DAS, do you know if the full transcripts of the testimonies can be accessed or purchased somehow? I would like to see the answers to Rep. Minor's questions.

The minutes are not up on the General Assembly website yet, but I would assume they will be soon.

David Santos
Environmental Director
CT B.A.S.S. Federation Nation
www.ctbass.com
#929564 - 03/15/08 12:06 AM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: DAS]
yamar Offline

I just got an email from Rep. Clark Chapin. It reads:

"Hi Alex,
The Boat Sticker bill died today without a vote being taken. Very unlikely to be seen again this year!
Happy Fishin',
Clark"

So I guess it's over for now....

#929603 - 03/15/08 02:13 AM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: yamar]
DEVIL DOG Offline

From Mass., fish the Ct.river + sound, anyway If what your Rep.Chapin says is true. thats the best news i've heard for you guys down there.
#929668 - 03/15/08 01:04 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: DEVIL DOG]
Buck Offline

Yamar, great news. Alex was the first to testify last Saturday on behalf of the fishing community and the first to testify against the Bill. The fact that Alex came all the way from Monroe to speak his mind impressed our local politicians. The panel paid very close attention to everything he said.
Afterwards Big Lee and me testified and when the hearing was over the three of us stayed behind to smooze with the politicians and do some more lobbying while all of the other attendees and speakers vanished. I believe the politicians became very concerned about the issues of elitism and exclusion. Later, we saw them again when we were having lunch at The Grill, a local restaurant here in town and we smoozed some more.
Yamar proved a single person can make a difference. Rep. Clark Chapin is from New Milford and does not represent Yamar's district in Monroe but Chapin took the time to send him a note and an update. That is impressive just like the individual efforts to stop the Housy dumping were impressive last year and all of the site volunteers who do public service work, etc. etc. People do make a difference.
#929698 - 03/15/08 03:00 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: Buck]
DAS Offline

Awesome news Yamar. Thank you for sharing.

David Santos
Environmental Director
CT B.A.S.S. Federation Nation
www.ctbass.com
#929702 - 03/15/08 03:24 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: Buck]
BigLee Offline

Loc: New Milford CT
Bassman
I hope I did not offend you in some way sounds like I might have.
What I was trying to show is that there are other ways to get a bill passed or squashed.

Alex
Many thanks for being the First one to stand up and present our case.

Everyone had a hand in this. The letters, emails, and phone calls helped our cause to stop a bill that was not good fot he majority of the people.

I did say in each meeting that The Bill to generate more COs needs to be passed. If there are more patrol hours needed that is where they should come from.

Have a safe time on the water and may that tight line be pulling back.

A member of Schaghticoke Bassmasters
http://members.tripod.com/~bassmasters_ct/index.html
A member of the TBF. The Bass Federation Tournament Bass Fishing for everyone.
http://www.ct-tbf.com/
#929735 - 03/15/08 06:28 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: BigLee]
yamar Offline

I'm sure there was pressure from all directions to stop this one. I'm sure all the fuss we raised in opposition to this (letters, emails, phone calls) didn't go unnoticed. Having the DEP oppose this bill went a long way.

As far as the Bill to generate more COs is concerned, wouldn't it be a riot if having more COs made the CLA obsolete.

I hope we pay attention to other local non-fishing related issues too because stuff like this slip by all the time.
#929754 - 03/15/08 08:05 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: yamar]
CAJUN Offline

Great job guys!!Good thing we have people like you to speak up for the rest of us.Thanks,Scott.

Have I ever told you I hate the "CLA" !!
Page 26 of 28 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics