9.April: I was able to escape work early today for a Dr. app't, and was on the bank a bit before 3:pm. There were a handful of shadaholics congregate, some jawing on the sidewalk, and a few with their arms in a cast when I pulled up behind Bart's. The water was down a little more since yesterday, very clear, but smooth as a pond, with barely any current. The surface temp was up between 50º and 51ºF. No one had caught anything yet.

After greeting the usual suspects, I got to work practicing my casts. By 5:pm, another handful of folx showed up, including the inimitable Ms Lily, for about a dozen, and about half actually fishing. About 5:30, I had a hit almost under Dylan's feet, I didn't get a good look at it, but I think it was a bronze-back. It didn't mouth the leaf, but head smacked it in the skinny water, as it rolled back out to the deeper channel after tapping it. Still, nobody had hooked anything, and by 6:pm, the rumbly in my tummy had me pack it in for sustenance. Tight lines!

Terminal Tackle: 3/4 oz drail over a 3-1/2', 10# flouro leader, and hammered silver willow leaf in white, with red dots, aka "spotty". After I lost the spotty, I tied on a larger #3 leaf in hammered silver, pink/chartreuse, and black dot.

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"