19.April: I pulled in behind Bart's about 3:30 pm to find about a half dozen folx taking casting practice on the rocks, or milling around the sidewalk. Rumors were told about a couple of shad caught earlier in the day. The water was down, clear, the current was strong, and the water temp was 50º F. Being partly sunny and mild, it was nice to join the Mötley Crüe on the rocks, and to find a flat spot to stand, as a bonus.

To make a long story short, only one little schoolie was caught up until 5:pm. A little after 5, a nice little buck was caught, and kept. Dylan showed up a short time later, and on his 2nd or 3rd cast, he got into it with a scrapper. He thought he had foul hooked it. It wasn't, but it gave him a good hard fight for a little 2-ish# roe, which he promptly released. By 6:pm, I was tired, and hungry, packed it in, and headed home for supper. It's getting crowded down there these last couple of days, as word gets out that things are slowly improving.

Iuse2fish: I took a picture of my terminal tackle set up, but I can't figure out how to upload it to the forum. Evidently my picture exceeds the limits allowed for posting, and I don't know how to properly resize it. Probably just as well, as the contrast isn't very good. :shrug:

Terminal Tackle: a 1 oz drail, over a 3' leader, and a hammered silver leaf in pink/chartreuse with a red dot. When I lost that, I went with a white leaf, with silver glitter and pink dot.

When the current picked up before 5:pm, brought out a bigger gun so I could throw a 1-1/2 oz drail. Rod: Bass Pro Shops Graphite Series, 7' one piece, medium action fast; Reel: Penn 4400 SS, spooled with 15# Power Pro (Hi-Viz Yellow).
Terminal tackle was about the same as used with the U/L, but I can throw 1-1/2 and 2 oz weights with this set up, which I normally use when the water is high and fast in the main CT River at Bissell, Rocky Hill, and Cromwell sites.

I'll be back on the rock pile tomorrow, but Sunday, I might make the trip down to Cromwell to scout the wall. We'll see how it goes. Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"