I agree, Mike!

30.April: I was at the Wall a little after 4:30 pm today. It was a near ghost town, only 3 people fishing, and one left as I set up. Tales of shad caught earlier in the day, but recently, not so much. Of course it was near slack tide, and with the shad, its all about the current. I had that familiar bump on my first cast; the bump of alewives grabbing the weight, or leaf. They are starting to show up regularly. The first one stuck, and was promptly released. On my second cast, I had that bump, but it didn't stick. Just as well, the next hit was a shad. We didn't fight long before it threw the leaf near the Wall. It was deep enough that I never got a look at it, but it fought like a small buck. And that was it for me.

A couple or 3 more people showed up, but only the alewives were making their presence known. The breeze freshened out of the south, and it was getting cold, so I packed it in just before 6:30, leaving only 1 to continue fishing. I'll try it again tomorrow, hopefully the weather is milder, and more cooperative. Tight lines!

Terminal Tackle: 1 oz drail over a 3-1/2', 10# flouro leader, and hammered silver willow leaf in red and white, with a black dot.

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"