24.April: at the Wall a little after 4:30 pm, 6 or 7 shadaholics were tossing leaves. The water was down a few feet from Saturday, nice and clear for the first time, with a good current. A number of shad had been caught before I arrived, John who had been there most of the day had at least 5, Bill C who arrived a few minutes before me had already landed one. People arrived by ones and twos, and by the time I left at 7, there were over a dozen of us lining about half the Wall. At least a half dozen shad were caught, and most were released. Most of the shad were caught tight to the wall, and toward the middle section. I was fishing near the left corner, and got skunked tonight. The folx to my right had to be intercepting them before they made it to me. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it, LOL! No matter, the banter was good, and some nice shad were caught, bucks for the most part, but a couple of roes were C & R.

Terminal Tackle: a 1-1/2 oz drail, over a 4' leader, and a hammered silver leaf in yellow with a touch of blue/silver glitter, and black dots. After I lost that, I tied on a hammered silver leaf in pink with a white stripe and black dot.

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"