6:30-8:45 pm: Rocky Hill Ferry Park, fishing off the docks. The water was running clear, but the current wasn't as stiff as last night, to start, but it picked up a bit by 7:30. Again, no surface temp. Only 4 folx fishing on arrival, a couple of shad on the docks, and one landed as I started casting. Three more were caught by the crew before they all left. A few more folx dribbled in and out before I left, and there was a group of about 6 kids setting up for stripers as I left.

On my 3rd cast, I had a good hit, and hook set. It kept it's head down, and ran deep. It made me work, in the current, to get it to the net, so I thought it might be a roe. It turned out to be a middlin' 2#-3# buck with a lot of fight. Back in the drink after it's Kodak™ moment. Schweet! About 7:30 I had a solid hook up on a heavy fish. It took much longer to bring it to the net, and made a couple of hard runs. A great fight landed a 3#+ Roe, not really any longer than the buck, but fat. Since her jaw was tore all to shreds, and split, I kept her for my table. Shad roe and ramps for breakfast tomorrow. And the fillets for a couple of other days. Life is good!

Tackle: Penn 4400 SS spinning reel, mated to a 6'0" Ugly Stik Med-Heavy action, Elite one-piece rod.

Terminal Tackle: 1.5 oz drail, over 3.5' of 8# flouro leader, and the silver/chartreuse and orange willow with a weird, offset hook brought in the buck. Unfortunately, I snagged the bottom, and lost it shortly after. Next up, a hammered silver in orange w/black dot that grabbed the roe.

It was nice to see some fairly good action on an evening run. I'll be out as often as I can (not as often, or for long enough) for the next couple of weeks until the season winds down. Scuttlebutt has the best action happening in the morning. Wish I was there, too...

Get out there, and tight lines!

Edited by No Fish Today (05/13/20 10:53 PM)

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"