A tip of the CTFisherman cap to Don D, as well as O' for the kind words. Mitch, do you still have any hats in stock in the "store"? Mine is old, getting worn, and wants replaced. Any way, on to today's outing.

6:30-7:45 pm: Rocky Hill Ferry Park, fishing off the docks. The one dock was crowded with 5 fishing. I chose the Po-Po dock with only person on the end (social distancing, LOL!) The water was running clear, the current was fairly mild (with a 1.5 oz weight, holding bottom wasn't hard), and stayed about the same flow from start to finish. The air was fairly calm as I drove to the park, but by the time I parked the Jeep, the breeze had come up moderate from Middletown (the south), and the water was choppy. Enough chop to move the docks, and my fat old azz don't have sea legs. First cast, and I looked like a NOOB/FNG. The breeze sailed the line over the piling and ferry, where it snagged tight, stranding the terminal tackle on the bottom somewhere in front of said aquatic parking lot...

Yeah, I didn't get that back. After spooling a top shot to replace what line was lost, I promptly dropped the bail on the cast, or fouled the line on it, and lost another rig. F.N.G. banghead About this time, I was joined on the dock by a local kid, who targeted anything to use as bait. Worms caught a chub or dace (didn't get a good look at it), which he live-lined for naught. He then caught a little yellow perch, which he chunked. He had two set ups, and promptly caught a fat cat. He was targeting whisker-fish. Smart kid. He caught 4, and the largest was close to 6# on the scale I let him use because he wondered as he made his Kodak™ moment.

More or less, it was uneventful after the opening shenanigans. To make the long story palatable (HA! This is not short, TLDR), No Fish Today. Upstream on the other dock, I saw 4 shad landed by one regular, one lost by another regular, and a little kid (with his dad), who toward the end, in the span of 20 minutes lost 2 at the dock (he was horsing them). The shad were around, but not for me. All I got was a few short hits, a couple or three head shakes, and slack lines. C'est la guerre.

We'll see what tomorrow brings, and if the weather holds, or not. Tight lines!

<edit for terminal tackle, my bad!>

Terminal tackle: 1.5 oz drail, over 2.5'-3' 8# flouro leader, hammered silver in orange w/black dot, a chartreuse, and a hammered gold, in orange. Orange leaves brought the short strikes.

Edited by No Fish Today (05/14/20 10:58 PM)

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"