4:30-7:30 pm at Rocky Hill. The Breeze blew stiff, coming down from Hartford to the North today, keeping us more than a little cool. The water remains a bit high, and the current matched the breeze, stiff. It took a little effort to keep 1.5 oz of lead on the bottom. There were a half dozen working the dock when I arrived. Two of the regulars were working shad as I made my first casts. At another point, two shad were being played at the same time. We had nice little run going on. Most were bucks, but one long, fat roe made a stop on the dock.

About 5:25 I set the hook for a brief, half-hearted fight from a small buck; back in the drink after our Kodak™ moment. On the next cast, I caught another buck, bigger than the first; picture & released. Nice. On the next cast, I hit the trifecta, and landed another fine buck. 3 shad for 3 casts in 15 minutes--Schweet!

And that was it for the night, they shut down. Cold and hunger got the better of me, and I headed out at 7:30 pm.

Terminal tackle: 1.5 oz drail, over 3'-4' 8# flouro leader, and a hammered silver leaf in pink with a black stripe.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow after work. By and large, the boaters report that they are lighting them up. It's prime time. Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"