DAMN!!! I am so disappointed in this news. I've really been anticpating this concert. I've gone as far as not cutting my hair until this show.

AMERICAN CARNAGE TOUR w/SLAYER, MEGADETH, TESTAMENT postponed!
Tom Stevens & James Zahn
Thursday, January 07 2010 |04:34 PM

FANGORIA MUSICK just got hit with word that the much anticipated American Carnage Tour, featuring hard rock behemoths Megadeth, Slayer and Testament has been put on hold due to health issues. Slayer’s bassist/vocalist Tom Araya is in need of back surgery which cannot be postponed.

While disappointed by the tour’s delay, Megadeth are concerned for Araya and wish him a speedy recovery.

Megadeth are currently scheduling a U.S. headline run for March and April, and hope to reschedule the American Carnage tour for Summer ’10. Anyone who has purchased an American Carnage ticket should hold onto it until further notice.

All the bands involved were previously very excited to be touring together as evident by their recent video discussion, which we previously shared with you here.

Stay tuned to FANGORIA MUSICK for the latest updates as they develop, and be sure to visit http://www.megadeth.com for updates on their forthcoming US tour.