Saw VH on Tuesday at MSG. Show was good. I give it a 6/10.

Eddie was spot on. He flawlessly executed every single song and note. I only wish the volume was cranked a little higher. I wanted my ears to be ringing.

Alex was solid.

David Lee did the job. But he had a special section of hard wood floor set up at the front of the stage so he could slip and slide all around. It was silly. Before the show, they lubed it up with some kind of powder. All I could think of was that sliding/bowling game you see in bars.

Musically, Wolfgang did what he needed to do. But, he looked out of place with the other legends on the stage. For a kid his age, he should be sporting long hair and acting like a maniac. He looks like a lazy old man on stage.

With no Michael Anthony, you feel it’s just not the complete package.

Set list was solid, but of course, you always want more. I feel they should have done three or four more songs. I didn’t like them closing with Jump, but I knew it was coming, as I read the review of their Chicago show a few days ago.

Bottom line: I checked off one seeing one of my favorites in action. I never saw VH with David Lee before.

Had some more friends go see their 2nd show last night at MSG.