Quote:
As for these 1 hit wonder metal bands today (some of them are pretty good), none of them will ever come close to what metallica has done musically. Do really think sevendust, godsmack or system of a down will last for nearly 2
decades????
one hit wonder metal bands? hmm- are those 3 really ? i know sevendust has 3 solid cd's with another in the works and system has 2 solid cd's- one "outtakes" cd that is really good- and i suspect they have more good music ahead... they may not be multiple decade contributors (of course that remains to be seen) but i wouldn't say their one hit wonders either... i'm not a big godsmack fan at all- but i think they are one of the more established metal bands right now... who else is there? not a big stain'd fan- but they are established now too... it would be easy for someone to say metal sux right now - but i think that would "date" you... there is some decent music being made right now - but a lot more crap than good stuff (isn't that always the case?)

i hear your argument though- can't deny the past- but can't use it as a measuring stick either- i would give you the same argument if we were talking about VH/DLR...

Fishing is way too important to take so seriously...