Originally Posted By: Trooper_Bri
Gonna have to look at the titles and see how many of the songs off this "new" album are from the 1976 production with Gene Simmons.

Alot of them are re-done songs (or riffs, anyway) from that demo. In any event, the band sounds excellent and very tight. Guitar work is excellent. Alot of critics are trashing Dave for his "aging vocals" but Jesus Christ the guy is like 60 years old, of course he's not gonna sound like he did almost 30 years ago. Depends all on what you expected from them. If you wanted stuff with keyboards, ballads, along the Hagar vein you will be disappointed. If you wanted some good hard rock with a few new twists, I think they put out a very good album.
Having said that, and even though Eddie's kid does OK, I still think that Michael Anthony should be there.

Edited by scooter72 (02/09/12 07:47 PM)

You can say anything foolish to a dog, and that dog will still give you a look that says, "WOW!! What a great idea!! I never would have thought of that!!"

Some people are born on third base, then spend the rest of their lives thinking they hit a triple.