The entire album is available for free listening on Metallica's website. I've heard 6 songs so far. I'd say 3 are very good, and 3 are good. Everything I've heard is WAY better than St. Anger...which sucked. I just got tix to see them in NJ the day before the Super Bowl. Great weekend!

Look...the bottom line is that the days of old Metallica is done. The reason they were so great is because they were unique 27 years ago. Now they are like so many other bands out there, but I respect the fact that they continue to try new things. While it doesn't always work, I give them credit for trying. I saw them about a dozen times between 1988 and 1995, but haven't had much desire since then given what they have put out, and the fact that they have had a number of outdoor festival type shows in the area, and I hate those. At this point, I'm 33, have loved them since Puppets in '86, and can't wait to see them again. I wasn't sure about the new stuff and it took a few listens to appreciate it as much as I do right now. In addition, I think the new video (also on the website) it phenomenal. I know that they're new stuff will not be like the old, but I'm okay with that. Lars sounds great, Kirk is soloing again, and while the songs are all about two minutes too long, they are heavy, sound really good, and that is something that I have missed for the past decade. Nice to have the boys back to where I can get excited to see them again. I have no doubt they will rock live! If they come to CT or MSG, I'll be going again. They are one of the best acts ever and this old man is going to act like he's 20 again. HELL YEAH!

PS One really cool thing they are doing this tour is that when you buy a ticket to see them live, they mail you a free copy of the new album and give you a code to get a free download of the show that you go to. What other band does that? Can't say they don't give a crap about their fans.