Peeps,
The papers said Kevin died of 'accidental' cocaine overdose.
I saw Quiet at the Agora Ballroom in New Hven and they were just ok in my book.
I saw all the Hair Bands but also 90% of the heavy stuff too. I'm a well rounded metal head. Well rounded Punk too.
Someone asked if I saw Vice and thats a yes but I don't remember them like other CT bands like Cryer, Obsession (my fav) Fates Warning, all of Jimi Bell's bands, the list is endless.
I saw Megadeath at the Keg House anyone remember that place? I was in there almost every Fri/Sat night during the mid-late 80's when I wasn't at the Agora. I didn't travel out of state since too much was happening on here, besides driving long distance in a post barroom state in the early am is not encouraged but being the way I was then you couldn't talk me out of it. My friends all hit Long Island when a Show was not to be missed. Its still the best years of my life.
Yeah, I saw Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Ozzy, Dio, Sabbath, Motorhead, all the usual stuff at least several times.
John PRR, I started my music concert venture with an early tour of Cheap Trick in New Haven then progressed to the later years of Ron's Place. In college I booked bands for the Student Union during my soph/junior years. Most were local acts.
I saw all the early-mid Punk/New Wave stuff before I was converted to Metal. Pistols, Clash, Ramones, Dead Boys, as well as New Wave like Fleshtones, Wall Of Voodoo, Gang Of Four, Elvis Costello, many Brit bands too many to name, you name it I'll tell you if I saw it...I have several hundred bands listed in my 'Bands I've Seen' list. Some were god awful, others were excellent. Too bad it all ended... W.M.