I have just about every documentary on 9/11 (many are NatGeo or Smithsonian) on DVR. Every September I fly a special 9/11 flag in place of the Betsy Ross I fly all year on my 20 ft. flag pole. I also wear a FDNY bracelet for the month with the name of Rescue 1 Firefighter Joseph Angelini. Firefighter Angelini also lost a son who was assigned to a different ladder company. I can't imagine what those families went through. I never met Firefighter Angelini but we had one thing in common. He was the oldest member of Rescue 1 in NYC and I was the oldest member of Rescue 1 in Hartford. My daughter (a teacher) also wears a 9/11 bracelet for the month. Hers is named for Captain Timothy Stackpole. Captain Stackpole had literally just returned to duty after being out for nearly a year recovering from a serious burn injury at a fire. Then he dies on 9/11.
I watch every show every year. Never gets old. Just as heart wrenching every time.
So speaking of being pissed, how many remember the news casts following the event which showed dancing in the streets, the celebrations and whooping it up for what just happened to the USA. Not just crazed jehadists with AK's shooting off into the air. Everybody. Women, kids, old men. Everybody. It was like the 4th of July at Epcot in Disney. Of course that hasn't been shown for years now. Too "inflammatory" I guess. But it did make me wonder at the time what all the fuss was over collateral damage and hurting the wrong people. Who exactly were the "wrong" people I ask.