Sitting at work right now reading over this thread makes me proud that i belong to this board. With the way the people here feel and for T-Man to start this thread.I have not met many of you i hope to in the future. Yes and i agree we need to move on. If we do not move on then the terrorists have won.
Working for a fire dept.(like im sure there are alot on this board) makes me look at those sacrifices the FDNY/NYPD did on that day. Just doing there job, doing what they were trained to do. Them running up the towers while everyone else is running out. I am not a firefighter i am a 911 dispatcher. On the 11th of this year i played back the radio transmissions of the FDNY from the initial incident to the towers collapsing. I listened to the trapped Firefighters transmitting mayday's. Most of those if not all did not survive. The terror in some of those voices coming over the radio just puts a lump in your throat and tears in your eyes. The FDNY dispatcher had to personally assure him help was on the way. I as a dispatcher cannot imagine what it felt to be a dispatcher in New York. I just recieved 14 911's for a medical emrgency and was overwhelmed, i just cant imagine the calls the dispatchers received on that day.
My depts firefighters (as im sure other depts in CT) went to NY and had a representative at every firefighters funeral. It was the least they could do.
The FDNY's worst signal is a signal 5-5-5-5 which means Firefighter was killed in the line of duty. For the 343 firefighters who died this is what was transmitted. NEVER FORGET
signal 5-5-5-5 343 times for box 8087/8084, transmitted 0847 hours Sept. 11, 2001
Just Venting, Thx for reading
Now lets get on with our lives and do some FISHING

Visit My Website
www.local4260.com
Milford Proffesional Telecomunicators
IAFF Local 4260