24.March: Arrived behind Bart's about 4:15 pm after work. No. Body. Was. There. I had the place to myself for about 45 mins before someone else showed up. The water was up almost 3' from Mon-Wed levels, clear, no debris, although there was a large limb hung up by the bank, just upstream from where I usually take casting practice. The current was good, and surface temp was surprising at ~48ºF. The air temp was cool, especially with a light breeze running down the river, and got progressively cooler.

After about an hour and a half, I was cold and hungry, and called it a day about 5:45 pm. Not so much as a nibble; no fish today. Still, it was a nice day to be on the water, and the sun was still shining, if lower in the sky.

Terminal tackle: 5/8 oz drail, over 3' 10# flouro leader with a leaf in hammered silver with pink, and a black dot under it all. Until Poseidon demanded his tribute, and took it. Switched to hammered gold with yellow/orange, and a red dot.

Maybe I'll get out tomorrow, we'll see. Depends on the weather, and how I feel after finishing my chores, but Sunday is looking like the better day. Hey now! It's time to get out there, test the equipment, and work the rust out of the joints. Tight lines!

Edited by No Fish Today (03/29/23 08:05 PM)

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"